Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #2,851 of 7,353
It's odd how everyone seems to hear the 20s differently. I've also owned both the 20s and 846s and the 20s by far are the most detailed. Its timbre is also fantastic. The 846s sound very personal and slightly congested, but are spatially very good like you said, and detail is also good, however I find the 20s to trump the 846s in every aspect except the 846's bass response.

I think some hear IEMs as more detail because of the isolating nature of traditional IEMs. I don't know if the SE846 actually has more detail (haven't had mine for some time now) but listening to my other IEMs does give the impressions that it's easier to hear detail, again I think it has a lot to do with the isolation. It's similar with open headphones.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #2,852 of 7,353
I think some hear IEMs as more detail because of the isolating nature of traditional IEMs. I don't know if the SE846 actually has more detail (haven't had mine for some time now) but listening to my other IEMs does give the impressions of easier to hear detail, again I think it has a lot to do with the isolation. It's similar with open headphones.
Actually I think you're right.

The better detail I hear in the 20s is instantly diminished the moment any background noises happen, for example a desk fan. It's a good thing I do the bulk of my listening in bed before I sleep.

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,854 of 7,353
Listening to both in my office just now on my Onkyo, the 846 just fleshes out the voices better. More direct. The 20 is just more diffuse. It's fine, just more diffuse. Both good, and enjoyable.
The Shure house sound makes voices sound sublime... so fluid. I do miss the smooth and detailed midrange on the 846s, the highs were the real no/no for me though

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,855 of 7,353
Does anyone know of a good place to get a replacement cable for these headphones? My analog cable is already breaking at the 3.5mm connection. I've looked around online for 2 pin connector cables and the only ones I could find that had the little notch in the middle of the connector like the stock iSine 2-pin connection has were like $100+. Will any standard 2-pin westone cable work with these? I didn't see the center notch on any of the westone 2-pin cables. The Audeze site says that the iSine 10s use a standard 2-pin connection, but I don't want to buy something only to have it come and not work.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #2,856 of 7,353
Does anyone know of a good place to get a replacement cable for these headphones? My analog cable is already breaking at the 3.5mm connection. I've looked around online for 2 pin connector cables and the only ones I could find that had the little notch in the middle of the connector like the stock iSine 2-pin connection has were like $100+. Will any standard 2-pin westone cable work with these? I didn't see the center notch on any of the westone 2-pin cables. The Audeze site says that the iSine 10s use a standard 2-pin connection, but I don't want to buy something only to have it come and not work.
veclan.com, products->basic cable->2-pin connector. Cheap and fits the isine.

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #2,858 of 7,353
Listening to both in my office just now on my Onkyo, the 846 just fleshes out the voices better. More direct. The 20 is just more diffuse. It's fine, just more diffuse. Both good, and enjoyable.

I agree with this 100%.
I however prefer the iSine20 for this reason :)

Both are great and I can almost justify both as one isolates one does not... Clearly we have 2 use cases here. Wife justification sorted!! :p

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #2,859 of 7,353
Finally got around to trying the llightning cable.
I am so torn as I use the iSines at work and using TIPT on the iPad, it is very convenient having the mic etc.
For some reason my ALO CDM does not agree with tipt so every time I get a call I have to unplug my iSines and plug them in vi heapdhone out of the iPad and then the people on the other end get a lot of background noise from the iPad mic.
1 Point to the cipher.
Love the volume/track controls.
2 Points cipher.

The sound however for music I found horrible initially. I really disliked it with no eq when compared to my CDM.
That being said I would be disappointed if it was as good if I am honest. The CDM just sounds much more natural and organic. But in saying that it is definately darker sounding than the cipher.
With EQ though, which the cipher seems to do pretty well, I can get the sound pretty close to my preferences. Still lacks a little bit of the natural sound/sounds a little metallic by comparison, but sounds good!

So now, I have to ask, convenience+good sound or excellent sound, is that worth the $1500 dac? :p

Damn this hobby to heck.

Jun 29, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #2,861 of 7,353
Is there any instructions on how to store those away on the carrying pouch it comes with? I just got the isine10's and it seems like it is built to wrap the cable around the foam block but the IEM itself doesn't fit because of the earhooks. Am I supposed to detach the earhooks everytime?

Jun 29, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #2,863 of 7,353
Is there any instructions on how to store those away on the carrying pouch it comes with? I just got the isine10's and it seems like it is built to wrap the cable around the foam block but the IEM itself doesn't fit because of the earhooks. Am I supposed to detach the earhooks everytime?
the ear pieces can be placed inside the foam with the cable i believe

Jun 29, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #2,865 of 7,353
From what I've heard you are supposed to place the ear pieces in the foam and wrap the cable around it (like the image below) and it make sense since there is a slot on the bottom of it but it's weird that the earhooks sticks out... I wonder if someone found a better solution to that.

IMG_20170629_223529653.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back