Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 23, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #2,793 of 7,353
iSine Cable.jpg
anyone knows the polarity of the connection pins please, the sides connecting to the cans. contacted Audeze support, wasn't very helpful in enlightening me. thanks.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 23, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #2,794 of 7,353
A couple of observations using my iSine 10s:

First, Tried them at the gym, and really enjoy it. Usually when working out I have an issue getting IEM to stay in and/or get a consistent seal. The iSine and KZ ZS3 are the best I've used to this point, the iSine being the best for me. It sounds great and though I can hear some background noise it not bothersome to me. I can hear loud noises or regular noises during quiet parts. Think thesse are going to remain my gym in-ears, superseding the ZS3 and MDR-1000x.

Second, just got my Axon 7 back from repairs and it sounds really good. I have it on max volume with Dolby turned off (Dolby Atmos changes the sound a bit, some may or may not like it for music). With Dolby turned on I use it two notches down from max. At those volumes it give me that nice strong bass presence. I still feel if you have a good device with decent power the Cipher cable isn't a big deal. I hardly use the Cipher cable with the iPad Mini 4 I picked up to use with it.

Last, I haven't touched my full sized headphone in weeks, the iSine is so small and convenient while still delivering a full sized sound.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #2,795 of 7,353
I think there is a misunderstanding here. The iSine headphones and transducers are designed to provide the best possible experience. With full size headphones the sound gets affected by the outer ear. In the case of in-ears, the sound is sent directly to the ear canal, the effect of outer ear is partly modeled during the design of the in-ears, the rest can be added through EQ. When we designed the Cipher cable for iSine we decided to add this by default.

You do not need the Cipher cable to enjoy the iSine and this is also the reason, we sell a separate SKU without the Cipher. In addition, we have published the EQ settings so people can use them with PCs, android phones etc.
In that case, why did you choose not to use a Cipher cable with the LCDi4 as the delivery is directly into the ear canal. Will it simply not drive it sufficiently?

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #2,796 of 7,353
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can one use the iSine within an office that is has individual cubicles separating the employees.
At moderate listening levels, will sound go through the cubicle walls and disrupt co-workers?

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #2,797 of 7,353
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can one use the iSine within an office that is has individual cubicles separating the employees.
At moderate listening levels, will sound go through the cubicle walls and disrupt co-workers?

Yes, although they are open/semi-open in ear headphones, they do not leak very much. At moderate listening levels and through a cube wall, your coworkers probably won't even know you have music on. Us in the office is actually one of the best places I find to use isines because you can hear if someone asks you a question or needs to talk to you.

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #2,798 of 7,353
In that case, why did you choose not to use a Cipher cable with the LCDi4 as the delivery is directly into the ear canal. Will it simply not drive it sufficiently?

You are right, we did not feel the Cipher cable can drive them sufficiently. I listen at low volumes and I felt for some tracks were not loud enough for me at the highest volume setting. Also, the i4s are very transparent and resolving, we found the Cipher cable may not be an optimal pairing.

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #2,799 of 7,353
A couple of observations using my iSine 10s:

First, Tried them at the gym, and really enjoy it. Usually when working out I have an issue getting IEM to stay in and/or get a consistent seal. The iSine and KZ ZS3 are the best I've used to this point, the iSine being the best for me. It sounds great and though I can hear some background noise it not bothersome to me. I can hear loud noises or regular noises during quiet parts. Think thesse are going to remain my gym in-ears, superseding the ZS3 and MDR-1000x.

Second, just got my Axon 7 back from repairs and it sounds really good. I have it on max volume with Dolby turned off (Dolby Atmos changes the sound a bit, some may or may not like it for music). With Dolby turned on I use it two notches down from max. At those volumes it give me that nice strong bass presence. I still feel if you have a good device with decent power the Cipher cable isn't a big deal. I hardly use the Cipher cable with the iPad Mini 4 I picked up to use with it.

Last, I haven't touched my full sized headphone in weeks, the iSine is so small and convenient while still delivering a full sized sound.
thank God I finally found someone has both mdr1000x and isine. I'm looking into the inside and was wondering how much of a difference between them. also... you take 1000x to the gym? I've gotta try that :)

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #2,800 of 7,353
Got Isine10 because I found a bargain. I hate Apple products, too bad, the cipher cable on Idevice makes a huge difference versus regular cable on my LG G6/GO V2A .
Pleeeeeease, release a USB C Cipher cable !
I agree. Really wish you guys could figure this out. Disappointing. I suspect this is costing you sales ...

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #2,801 of 7,353
I feel you. Have the same. Listening all the time with my iSine 20 using my Sony NW-ZX2. Audiophile heaven. Still afte having heard the LCD i4 I need to make the jump at some point.

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #2,802 of 7,353
cocolinho: "Pleeeeeease, release a USB C Cipher cable !"
I suspect this is costing you sales
All this for a $50 cable which adds instant EQ that you can set manually...?

Jun 24, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #2,803 of 7,353
Got Isine10 because I found a bargain. I hate Apple products, too bad, the cipher cable on Idevice makes a huge difference versus regular cable on my LG G6/GO V2A .
Pleeeeeease, release a USB C Cipher cable !

A phone with good DAC/AMP can help make the iSine shine. Something like LG V20, Axon 7 or recently announced LG G6 Plus with the Quad DAC the US version of the G6 lacked (also more RAM and storage). Or a decent DAP.

thank God I finally found someone has both mdr1000x and isine. I'm looking into the inside and was wondering how much of a difference between them. also... you take 1000x to the gym? I've gotta try that :)

Not sure what you mean by "looking into the inside", a typo I assume.

So many variables, 1000x in BT mode, wired powered off, wired powered on.

They sound best wired and powered on to me, as they have much more power and authoritative bass than when wired and off. BT is closer to wired and powered, but bass is less powerful.

Compared to the iSine out of my phone the 1000x had more bass (wired powered on and BT mode), but necessarily better quality bass. The 1000X has the advantage of a built in DSP when powered on.

Honestly after listening the the 1000x right now, the iSine sounds a bit lean in comparison. I understand they people are disappointed when compareing really good headphone to the TH-X00. When something is accentuated in the bass other, very good, headphone sound lean. AS I finish writing this and it been several minutes, I can appreciate the iSine's bass again.

They 1000x is fantastic when you need to git ride of all the noise though.

At the gym the 1000x can have it's drawbacks. When lifting and moving my arms overhead it often touches the touch controls on the right side causing the music to fade out as it goes into "talking" mode, annoying when repeatedly doing lifts (causing me to have to turn my head to the left). The iSine dosen't have these annoying issues. Not having a headband messing up my hair is a plus.

cocolinho: "Pleeeeeease, release a USB C Cipher cable !"

All this for a $50 cable which adds instant EQ that you can set manually...?

I kinda agree, I think people are a little coco over the cipher cable. If you have an iDevice, yeah it probably the way to go. If you don't, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Don't get me wrong it would be nice to have one for my Android phones, but having an Axon 7 with good audio performance out the box get's the gob done for me

I have a cipher and iPad, but don't generally bother to use it, as the iPad isn't my main device and switching cables is a pain.

I'm going to be getting a Shanling M1/M2s DAP and plan to use HibyLink to control it from my phone while keeping the Shanling in my pocket connected to my iSine. The Shanling should sound better than most phones (all phones?) give me an easier way to add EQ than standard smartphone. We'll see how that works out in the coming weeks.

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #2,804 of 7,353
A phone with good DAC/AMP can help make the iSine shine. Something like LG V20, Axon 7 or recently announced LG G6 Plus with the Quad DAC the US version of the G6 lacked (also more RAM and storage). Or a decent DAP.

Not sure what you mean by "looking into the inside", a typo I assume.

So many variables, 1000x in BT mode, wired powered off, wired powered on.

They sound best wired and powered on to me, as they have much more power and authoritative bass than when wired and off. BT is closer to wired and powered, but bass is less powerful.

Compared to the iSine out of my phone the 1000x had more bass (wired powered on and BT mode), but necessarily better quality bass. The 1000X has the advantage of a built in DSP when powered on.

Honestly after listening the the 1000x right now, the iSine sounds a bit lean in comparison. I understand they people are disappointed when compareing really good headphone to the TH-X00. When something is accentuated in the bass other, very good, headphone sound lean. AS I finish writing this and it been several minutes, I can appreciate the iSine's bass again.

They 1000x is fantastic when you need to git ride of all the noise though.

At the gym the 1000x can have it's drawbacks. When lifting and moving my arms overhead it often touches the touch controls on the right side causing the music to fade out as it goes into "talking" mode, annoying when repeatedly doing lifts (causing me to have to turn my head to the left). The iSine dosen't have these annoying issues. Not having a headband messing up my hair is a plus.

I kinda agree, I think people are a little coco over the cipher cable. If you have an iDevice, yeah it probably the way to go. If you don't, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Don't get me wrong it would be nice to have one for my Android phones, but having an Axon 7 with good audio performance out the box get's the gob done for me

I have a cipher and iPad, but don't generally bother to use it, as the iPad isn't my main device and switching cables is a pain.

I'm going to be getting a Shanling M1/M2s DAP and plan to use HibyLink to control it from my phone while keeping the Shanling in my pocket connected to my iSine. The Shanling should sound better than most phones (all phones?) give me an easier way to add EQ than standard smartphone. We'll see how that works out in the coming weeks.
yeah that was a typo :D thanks for clarifying that.
anyways, regarding the cipher cable, I wonder if anyone try Nexum Aqua or Dragonfly with isine on Android?

Jun 25, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #2,805 of 7,353

This is not my experience. I have a LG G6 with quad dac, a geek out V2A infinity , Modi MB+Ican SE/Lyr and nothing makes my Isine10 sings like it does with Cipher + Iphone + Audeze EQ.
I don't know what's the magic sauce inside the cipher but again, for me it makes a big difference, and I'm not talking about EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back