Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 24, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #2,191 of 7,352

Thanks, I thought they were actually worth closer to $100 like the other Sine.  Just realized price difference isn't the same as the sine.  Not sure I would want to sell for less than $50.

I know we aren't able to buy and sell here ...  but I'd give you $50 for your cable...   sorry to the mod's...  

Apr 25, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #2,192 of 7,352
I'm a unhappy camper right now. I purchased the iSine 10s from Adorama almost exactly a month ago (March 24). I've been thrilled with the sound of these and was happily using them whenever possible.

But today (April 24) I noticed the left side didn't sound right, every time I moved just a bit I a heard some strange crackling noise in the left ear only. I thought maybe it was the tips, so I swapped them. I thought perhaps it was something in my ear, so I actually cleaned my ears out and tried the iSine 10s again - no difference. Then I took a close look at the left earpiece - oh crap - the housing was starting to separate at the point furthest from the cord connection.

So now I have to:
1. Return everything to Adorama, if they are willing to do a return a bit past the standard 30-day period, or
2. Do the warranty thing with Audeze, which really isn't a good thing for a product barely a month old. Further complicating this is
3. I now see that Adorama isn't listed as an authorized dealer on the Audeze website. I hope this is just an oversight.

Edit: I am still disappointed that I had this issue on an almost new set of IEMs, but Audeze Customer Service was very helpful in processing my RMA and getting me back to listening to music. Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #2,194 of 7,352
Listening to the iSine20 right now and they are indeed as impressive at home as they sounded last year at RMAF! They sound like full sized headphones in terms of sound staging; something VERY rare for in-ear monitors to accomplish!

Looking forward to getting to know these beauties better...this is going to be one fun review for sure! Very impressed so far.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #2,195 of 7,352
done audition again with ak380, the same conclusion as with first couple of literally seconds of listening impression with just phone as source.

Conclusion for 20 Vs 10, the same as the first few seconds of impression.

20 yes more kick, but can be fatiguing in the long term.

10 is more neutral and realistic presentation of real music.

At that price range, it is good. But if can afford more, would be even better.

as for tips, tried using the new groovy tips, small and medium, still can't get the isine secure in my ears for long, without getting pain.

final solution, using ball shaped silicone tips. finally can stay and have some tight fit.

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #2,196 of 7,352
Just received the isine 10's and I must say these are pretty damn good and sound better than many earphones Ive heard costing 499 to 750 .
I may prefer them to my Shure 846's but I will have to listen a lot longer with them.

I do like the more spacious sound of planars(never heard planars before) as it sounds more like I'm listening to speakers, which is my preferred method of audio listening anyway.

Question: Has anyone compared to use of a dragonfly red versus the lightning cable ? I did not buy the lightning cable as I suspected the isine's would sound better with the dragonfly red.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #2,197 of 7,352
got the isine 10 yesterday. using the standard cable for now with my iphone. this thing sounds amazing. clear and wide soundstage. its very comfortable and it does not feel like i have earphones in my ear. used it for jogging today and it did not move and had no problems. i am really hooked on this thing. will try the cipher cable this weekend. i heard it should sound better. :):):):)

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #2,198 of 7,352
Just did a firmware up-date for the cypher cable and says version 0.3.9. Is this the correct and latest version? I'm finding the volume levels way too high and don't go above the first click. Even the first click it a bit too loud for me and would like to have more granular volume control for low level listening.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #2,199 of 7,352
Just did a firmware up-date for the cypher cable and says version 0.3.9. Is this the correct and latest version? I'm finding the volume levels way too high and don't go above the first click. Even the first click it a bit too loud for me and would like to have more granular volume control for low level listening.

No...have you checked to make sure that the Audeze iOS app is current? I think if it's not, then the app may not update the firmware correctly. (cf. https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...netic-earphones.818870/page-133#post-13401613)

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #2,200 of 7,352
No...have you checked to make sure that the Audeze iOS app is current? I think if it's not, then the app may not update the firmware correctly. (cf. https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...netic-earphones.818870/page-133#post-13401613)

I'm using the current iOS version 10.3.1 on both the iPhone 6+ and iPad mini 2. The Audeze app is the latest as reported in the app store.

What am I doing wrong?

[Edit]: The Audeze app info says version 0.0.2 dated 7-Dec-2016. Maybe Audeze needs to up-date their app in Apple's app store?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #2,201 of 7,352
I've had access to the iSINE 10 and 20 for some time now but have only recently had the opportunity to listen to them thoroughly. I'd like to thank Audeze for sending us tonne of replacement tips, I'm delighted to now able to demo these truly incredible IEMs in store!

I'm currently listening to the iSINE 10s and I'm absolutely blown away by the soundstage, and the level of 'resolution', especially in the midrange, and I'm only listening to them off my phone via the 3.5mm cable!

My only complaint would have to be the lack of a DAC/amp cable for Android users, could the Lighting connection potentially be adapted to a USB-C and/or microUSB connection?

// Alex

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #2,203 of 7,352
Listening to the iSine20 right now and they are indeed as impressive at home as they sounded last year at RMAF! They sound like full sized headphones in terms of sound staging; something VERY rare for in-ear monitors to accomplish!

Looking forward to getting to know these beauties better...this is going to be one fun review for sure! Very impressed so far.
Alrighty now we talkin'!!! You had the opportunity to have had the Empire Ears Zeus R if I remember right, or the Zeus anyways. So I'm highly anticipating what your take on the iSine will be. And I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you get the LCD-i4 soon too :ksc75smile:

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #2,205 of 7,352
I hope the LCD-i4 will be demonstrated at MUNICH's HighEnd show. I really wonder how they compare to the i10 & i20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back