Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 17, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #2,116 of 7,352
Yes. In my case it's mainly just on the right side, and I also only notice it sometimes, after a song ends.

I don't know if it's relevant, but I also find occasionally after I change EQ settings on the cipher cable, it'll...lock up, seemingly, and just emit a single high-pitched tone. Doesn't happen a lot, and is fixed by unplugging the cable and restarting the Audeze EQ app. (This has happened both before and after applying the firmware update for volume).

I just chalked it up to what you get when you buy first-generation hardware. : )

(And yeah, also have paint scraped off the connector, but whatever, it's just cosmetic.)

Thanks for fast answer :)
Ok so after experimenting a little with some really quiet tracks, I found that the noise only there for a moment just when i start a song, and 1-2 secs after i press pause. Nothing when a song is actually playing, even in totally quiet parts.

Youre probably right about the early buyer-thing, but imo it's worth it, love these cans!

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #2,117 of 7,352
The high pitched sound is something I also have experienced when changing EQ settings. I also get it if I press on the keyboard the mic icon. To stop the high pitch sound I have to often unplug the cable.

Anyway, I have been using these without the cipher cable to sense the difference with my non Apple gear. Really lovely sound again. I am getting my LG G6 with Quad DAC tomorrow and Samsung S8+ a few days later, so will be keen to see how well my iSine 20 sound with both of these.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #2,119 of 7,352
I don't think you can purchase the cipher cable alone just yet. I don't see them listed on Audeze's website for sale.

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #2,123 of 7,352
  The distributor for Benelux area won't supply any till end of April at best. Probably delayed because of the new batch with the groovy tips

are the isine available in EU?

I bought the only pair in Norway, the dealer said they ordered 20 pairs but only got one, they're really hard to get hold of becaus they're in such high demand and Audeze prioritizes the US.

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #2,124 of 7,352

I bought the only pair in Norway, the dealer said they ordered 20 pairs but only got one, they're really hard to get hold of becaus they're in such high demand and Audeze prioritizes the US.

I want to try either do at least know if the bore would fit on me. For univ iems, I use SS sized Spinfits. They're the smallest ones. If I use the S sized ones, I get discomfort soon after 20-30min, I feel as if they push against the canals.

Once I know if the fit won't be an issue, I can then maybe plan to pre-order the LCD-i4 and ask if I can retrieve at CanJam London (if it's released by then).

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #2,125 of 7,352
Any tips for getting a bass boost out of the 10s using Tidal HiFi and Google Pixel?  I have a dragonfly black on order, maybe that will help a bit?  Only alternative is to use Google Music with EQ but the EQ is terrible.  Thanks.

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #2,126 of 7,352

My Audeze iSine 20 has finally shown up, well worth the wait. I love how these babies sound through the QP1R.

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #2,128 of 7,352
Since there's no iSINE20 in stock here in Hong Kong, have placed an order for the iSINE20 directly from Audeze USA. Wondering how will it compare to the the Philips Fidelio S2 which has a semi-open back design? The S2 has a pleasant sound signature and been serving me well for years. Been looking a long time for a replacement pair and Audeze iSINE20 appeared out of nowhere.
ksc75smile.gif

Edit: Now playing the waiting game.
blink.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #2,130 of 7,352
Just got my 10s connected with a new Dragonfly black and pretty sure the OMG moment has occurred. These things are spectacular. Gonna compare them to my rha t20s under same setup but the dragonfly plus the USB audio pro have made life very good. Worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back