Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 7, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #1,338 of 7,352
I keep playing with my analogue cable settings for the 20's

Preamp: -8 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 100 Hz Gain 7 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -6 dB Q .9
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q .1

I like these settings. they basically get rid of the extremely honky mids (like they are in a coffee can), and crank the bass, rest of the mids and highs to make them spakle - darn close to the cypher settings if you added some bass.
I'm finding at this point i'm still deciding how forward I want the mids and highs. my preference changes throughout the day, but overall these headphones seem to really shine with forward mids, or as I like to try to make it: everything in the mix sounds like it's at the same and correct volume.
If anyone happens to like today's settings but thinks the mids and highs need to be more or less forward, or loud, adjust the gain on filter 3 accordingly.

I'm practically wearing these things all day. I went back to the straight earhooks instead of the bent with a lighter version.  The straight ones hug the inside of the back of your ear, which felt weird for me at first, but actually holds them in place really well.  I barely feel that they are on anymore.

I may have mentioned, I did some real time volume matched, song matched, a/b switching with my clip zip vs my o2 amp and dac. I couldn't tell a difference.  Not surprising given the specs of everything involved, basically low impedance, and good sensitivity, or whatever that word is. 

Is anyone else noticing that it's almost like your brain can't wrap around where this crystal clear sound is coming from because these things are so open, and so light, it's like they don't register as being on your head?  Not to mention the soundstage is so expansive. 

I have to say I've owned a lot of high end gear and headphones and for $600 this is insanely good sound!  For someone who doesn't want or have a practical use for full size cans anymore, these are end game headphones for me. I've completely re-eq'd my westone es5 customs to sound more like these.  They are amazingly eq-able.  Now I have a sealed pair of isines ;-Þ 

Regarding the bass, i'll reiterate what seems to be a consensus.  these things are capable of absolute crystal clear bass louder without distortion, and down farther than anything i've ever heard in headphones.  Play some bass tracks or  sub bass test tracks on youtube and hold on to your eyeballs! 

Absolutely in love! Way to go Audeze!

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #1,339 of 7,352

Is anyone else noticing that it's almost like your brain can't wrap around where this crystal clear sound is coming from because these things are so open, and so light, it's like they don't register as being on your head?  Not to mention the soundstage is so expansive. 

I have to say I've owned a lot of high end gear and headphones and for $600 this is insanely good sound!  For someone who doesn't want or have a practical use for full size cans anymore, these are end game headphones for me. I've completely re-eq'd my westone es5 customs to sound more like these.  They are amazingly eq-able.  Now I have a sealed pair of isines ;-Þ 

Regarding the bass, i'll reiterate what seems to be a consensus.  these things are capable of absolute crystal clear bass louder without distortion, and down farther than anything i've ever heard in headphones.  Play some bass tracks or  sub bass test tracks on youtube and hold on to your eyeballs! 

Absolutely in love! Way to go Audeze!

Thanks for continuing to share your tweaks Br777. The semi open nature of iSines eliminates the occlusion effect common in iems and soon you forget you are wearing them. 

The iSines have close to negligible distortion, this makes them very easy to EQ, the FR is like a putty you can mold to your needs. Since they are very efficient, you have lot of headroom to play with when you EQ

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #1,343 of 7,352
Would the 30day trial period apply if I buy through a licensed Audeze Distributor or Dealer in Belgium? http://www.audeze.com/dealers/Europe/Belgium
I'm in contact with Colab listed there. Been told they don't have them in their store, but could be ordered. I do wish I could have an audition first, unless of course that 30day period would still apply.
Or is it only for orders made from the US Audeze.com webstore?

I'm quite curious if the iSine 10 or 20 could bring more to the table than my Empire Zeus R ciems. Worst case I just try some during summer at CanJam London.

On the very slim off chance someone's not happy with their iSine and that would also be looking for an Onkyo DP-X1 dap... hit me up with a PM for a trade :p

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #1,344 of 7,352

Aren't the Zeus $2k? Can't imagine they'd be close, esp w the Zeus' reputation.

However that all said, it's always great when expensive earphones are compared against mid fi ones
to see if there's really that big a difference in SQ and hence justification for the big jump in price.
So I would love to see such a comparison.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #1,345 of 7,352
Aren't the Zeus $2k? Can't imagine they'd be close, esp w the Zeus' reputation.

However that all said, it's always great when expensive earphones are compared against mid fi ones to see if there's really that big a difference in SQ and hence justification for the big jump in price. So I would love to see such comparison.

I'd be interested in this comparison aswell.

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,348 of 7,352
Ok. So i have been listening to these for the past 3 weeks and they sound amazing . But now I have an issue with the cypher cable ...it cuts off like disconnected. Music stops and I have to wiggle/ jigle the cable from the lighting port section. IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE :rage:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back