Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 6, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #1,321 of 7,352
What do you want to know? It appears that there is less info for the 10s...it certainly does suck to buy blind... Unfortunately you aren't the only person to take that risk... I think I've purchased almost everything I own blind... And quite a few without quality reviews... And a couple just blind, as in without reading anything. Just part of this unfortunately.

I understand. It's still a big risk for me. 
I want to know if these IEMs have a smooth and natural sound signature. I use my HD 650s everyday. I think I am looking for that kind of sound. 

You don't want the iSine then. Both the 10 and 20 have an edgy treble and if you get the cipher cable it actually cuts out their forward mid range and makes the treble more pronounced.

So no, neither the 10 nor 20 is right for you.

Oh, that's a bummer. How long have you been using them? Has burn in helped tame the treble?

@musicfreak

The iSines are quite different that typical headphones. We had the same issue when we released the LCD2s when people were used to sharp treble dynamic headphones. It took a while for people to properly evaluate them and give opinions. 
Lets us know which country you are from and we can try to help. 

Thank you for your response. I see they are different, but I am sensitive to sibilance. I hope they are not sibilant and sharp.
Also, I am from India. 

you might want to be about more patient, given they're newly released...Many people still awaiting delivery before properly assessing them...Pro reviewers included...Give it a month or so.

That's good advice. I think I will wait for sometime.

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #1,322 of 7,352
Is is true that this IEM have poor sound isolation? I'm looking for an IEM that has great sounds with good isolation for travelling.. Right now i'm using Audeze Sine and to me it sounds phenomenal, but lacking in isolation.

Thanks

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #1,323 of 7,352
Is is true that this IEM have poor sound isolation? I'm looking for an IEM that has great sounds with good isolation for travelling.. Right now i'm using Audeze Sine and to me it sounds phenomenal, but lacking in isolation.

Thanks

These isolate next to nothing. Theyre definitely unique and not your typical iem design in that regard.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #1,328 of 7,352
I understand. It's still a big risk for me. 
I want to know if these IEMs have a smooth and natural sound signature. I use my HD 650s everyday. I think I am looking for that kind of sound. 

Oh, that's a bummer. How long have you been using them? Has burn in helped tame the treble?

Thank you for your response. I see they are different, but I am sensitive to sibilance. I hope they are not sibilant and sharp.
Also, I am from India. 

That's good advice. I think I will wait for sometime.

I have 30-40 hours on them. Burn in doesn't exist so no, treble is the same as hour 1.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #1,329 of 7,352
My iSine 20 (w/ cypher) was delivered today. Can't wait to give them some quality time tonight. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #1,330 of 7,352
Not the thread to delve into a discussion how iOS devices may or may not be good/bad sources, but can those who are using the iSine's with the cipher cable share where your music is coming from? Streaming Spotify? Apple Music? FLAC player? Something else?

Just wondering how to best appreciate the iSine w/ cipher on an iphone 7 plus. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #1,331 of 7,352
Not the thread to delve into a discussion how iOS devices may or may not be good/bad sources, but can those who are using the iSine's with the cipher cable share where your music is coming from? Streaming Spotify? Apple Music? FLAC player? Something else?

I use the TIDAL App with great results

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #1,332 of 7,352
Received my iSine 20's today.  The only thing I can't figure out is it appears that you can remove the plastic holder that the iSine's were sitting in (according to the box) so that you can then use that to store the iSines in the pouch but I've been tugging on it and can't figure out how the  heck to remove it without just ripping it out.  The arrows in the instructions aren't much help.  They do sound great, that much I know although I must have small ear canals because  even the smallest tips barely seem to go into my ears. I'm pretty new to IEM's for sure. Thanks

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #1,333 of 7,352
  Received my iSine 20's today.  The only thing I can't figure out is it appears that you can remove the plastic holder that the iSine's were sitting in (according to the box) so that you can then use that to store the iSines in the pouch but I've been tugging on it and can't figure out how the  heck to remove it without just ripping it out.  The arrows in the instructions aren't much help.  They do sound great, that much I know although I must have small ear canals because  even the smallest tips barely seem to go into my ears. I'm pretty new to IEM's for sure. Thanks

haha i tried that same thing at first until i realized the whole thing goes in the pouch.  it's added protection.
the wording of the instructions is confusing. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #1,334 of 7,352
Yup, I figured the whole assembly comes out including the  plastic frame the foam insert sits in (that holds the  iSines)  but that's what I can't figure out.  I'm tugging on the  plastic frame itself but it won't come out?  thanks

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #1,335 of 7,352

Apple Music.  Sounds awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back