Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 2, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #5,179 of 7,353
My b-stock set of iSINE 20s arrived from Adorama today, and my first impression is WOW. It was pretty easy to get a good fit with the small groovy tips and I'm mightily impressed even without any eq. I usually go for medium foam tips, but the small groovies fit exactly how y'all describe they should, filling the ear canal but not quite sealing the way a comply tip would. Bass control and extension is excellent, and quantity is somewhat elevated from neutral. Mids are slightly recessed, but have a wonderfully smooth, warm, and precise tonality that reminds me of the LCD-2C a good bit. Highs are definitely rolled off, but I'm treble sensitive and have yet to play around with eq. I think my set is a customer return or a demo because I can't find any visual defects on the units but the accessories have been replaced with the Audeze accessory kit (no clear earhooks, but two sizes of black). Overall I'm pumped for $299 and am looking forward to comparing them against the Monolith M300s which are coming on Friday.

May 2, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #5,180 of 7,353
My b-stock set of iSINE 20s arrived from Adorama today, and my first impression is WOW. It was pretty easy to get a good fit with the small groovy tips and I'm mightily impressed even without any eq. I usually go for medium foam tips, but the small groovies fit exactly how y'all describe they should, filling the ear canal but not quite sealing the way a comply tip would. Bass control and extension is excellent, and quantity is somewhat elevated from neutral. Mids are slightly recessed, but have a wonderfully smooth, warm, and precise tonality that reminds me of the LCD-2C a good bit. Highs are definitely rolled off, but I'm treble sensitive and have yet to play around with eq. I think my set is a customer return or a demo because I can't find any visual defects on the units but the accessories have been replaced with the Audeze accessory kit (no clear earhooks, but two sizes of black). Overall I'm pumped for $299 and am looking forward to comparing them against the Monolith M300s which are coming on Friday.
Cool. YoureY a little luckier than I. My pair, the A logo on the right earphone is angled a little off center. Still, couldn't care less, as the performance is stock. I'm also a treble sensitive individual. I prefer with the small Comply isolation tips. Best part is, though people complain of Comply tips breaking, due to the fact that a small doesntd get compressed in my ear at all, I see these lasting a very long time. Looking forward to your comparison

May 2, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #5,182 of 7,353
Heh, that's true of the pair I paid full price for.
Dang. Makes me feel better. Had another pair I paid $450 for that was still in the return period. When I received the pair for $299 I quickly decided that a straight logo wasn't worth paying an extra $150. So I'm super happy with my $300 pair. Only negative is that the iSine 20 makes me now really want the LCD-i4, and that's not happening, lol

May 3, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #5,183 of 7,353
Agreed but personally i find the isine 20's have more of the LCD-3 than the LCD-2 in terms of imaging, airyness and soundstage, they sound more trancedant
Definately if you're using the right tips for your ears

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #5,184 of 7,353
Cool. YoureY a little luckier than I. My pair, the A logo on the right earphone is angled a little off center. Still, couldn't care less, as the performance is stock. I'm also a treble sensitive individual. I prefer with the small Comply isolation tips. Best part is, though people complain of Comply tips breaking, due to the fact that a small doesntd get compressed in my ear at all, I see these lasting a very long time. Looking forward to your comparison
Where to get for 300??

May 3, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #5,185 of 7,353
Agreed but personally i find the isine 20's have more of the LCD-3 than the LCD-2 in terms of imaging, airyness and soundstage, they sound more trancedant
Definately if you're using the right tips for your ears
Interesting. I've never heard the LCD-3 to confirm, but I think it's amazing that these can fairly be compared to either. Creating a planar this tiny that evokes so much of the LCD line, Audeze really has accomplished something they should be proud of.

May 3, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #5,186 of 7,353
Where to get for 300??
It WAS a B stock sale through Adorama that is no longer available. You can check there for stock around $420 or so, but no more available for the $299 that I and a few others were able to get it at

May 3, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #5,187 of 7,353
Where to get for 300??
Same as Devo said, that deal is no longer available, but they are also available at RazorDog as demo units with full warranty for $429. Frankly, now that I've heard them, they're still worth it at that price.

May 3, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #5,188 of 7,353
Same as Devo said, that deal is no longer available, but they are also available at RazorDog as demo units with full warranty for $429. Frankly, now that I've heard them, they're still worth it at that price.
I noticed you said you have yet to play with eq. IveI followed several eq suggestions on here, and to be honest, the iSine 20 ends up losing the special qualities I love about them. With my Comply isolation tips, I absolutely prefer them stock as opposed to eq. Love them. You try them with your n5ii yet?

May 3, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #5,189 of 7,353
I noticed you said you have yet to play with eq. IveI followed several eq suggestions on here, and to be honest, the iSine 20 ends up losing the special qualities I love about them. With my Comply isolation tips, I absolutely prefer them stock as opposed to eq. Love them. You try them with your n5ii yet?
I've been driving them primarily with the N5ii, and even on the single-ended output it has plenty of power on medium gain to drive them beautifully. I need to sit down and plug them into the Asgard tonight.
With more listening, I can definitely hear the recessed vocal presence and things like alto saxophone are missing their aggressive bite, but that's honestly fine with me. If I want forward vocals and shimmery brass I'll listen to the Primo8.

May 3, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #5,190 of 7,353
I've been driving them primarily with the N5ii, and even on the single-ended output it has plenty of power on medium gain to drive them beautifully. I need to sit down and plug them into the Asgard tonight.
With more listening, I can definitely hear the recessed vocal presence and things like alto saxophone are missing their aggressive bite, but that's honestly fine with me. If I want forward vocals and shimmery brass I'll listen to the Primo8.
I feel the same way. I qctuactu don't want really forward mids. Makes me feel like I'm sitting right next to a speaker. Put me a few rows back, and I'm happy. Same reason I'm not a fan of the B&W P7, too forward mids. Also I'm enjoy the soundstage on these immensely. I'm using a simple SMSL idea, which is a battery killer, but the 9018Q2C DAC in it is awesome. I connect it to my JDS Labs C5 for a slighlsl warmer signature, and a better soundstage. Cayin C5 is even a bit warmer and bigger soundstage. No desktop DAC for me. Looking into iFi xDSD, but also kinda waiting on the Monoprice portable DAC/amp with THX audio. Played with it at Canjam and the AK4493 in it is nice and the fact that it has a 4 band parametric eq is awesome. So, not in a rush to upgrade as I love my DAC/amp combo, but seeing as I'm wctuactu happy with my headphones game right now, DAC/amp switching is the next step for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back