Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 29, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #3,721 of 7,352
I just plotted @KMann's file against the wav-file I derived by measuring the Cipher cable. Surprisingly both are a bit different:

Cipher EQs web.png

The yellow curve represents my file that is downloadable at Headflux. The green curve represents the 44,1 kHz file taken out of @KMann's Dropbox.

When applied to innerfidelity's raw measurements of the iSine 20 (same colors as above):

Cipher EQs FR web.png

Strangely enough my file seems to be more in line with what innerfidelity's measurement of the iSine 20 with Ciper looks like: https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-isine-20-planar-magnetic-ear-earphone-measurements

@KMann can you clear this up?

PS: I hope @Tyll Hertsens doesn't mind me stealing his measurements :)

Sep 29, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #3,723 of 7,352
I just plotted @KMann's file against the wav-file I derived by measuring the Cipher cable. Surprisingly both are a bit different:

The yellow curve represents my file that is downloadable at Headflux. The green curve represents the 44,1 kHz file taken out of @KMann's Dropbox.

When applied to innerfidelity's raw measurements of the iSine 20 (same colors as above):

Strangely enough my file seems to be more in line with what innerfidelity's measurement of the iSine 20 with Ciper looks like: https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-isine-20-planar-magnetic-ear-earphone-measurements

@KMann can you clear this up?

PS: I hope @Tyll Hertsens doesn't mind me stealing his measurements :)

I have posted both the yellow and green curves before in this thread. And any links I share via PMs are not meant to be permanent links so I cannot guarantee what is in there. That said the yellow is indeed the Cipher tuning and the green is Cipher equivalent for desktop use and similar to our Roon presets and our soon to be released, free as in beer, REVEAL plugin. We felt the green curve works much better with more potent and resolving DACs.

We will also be releasing REVEAL that does exactly what Roon presets do. It is a free plugin and will be available for both MAC and Windows in AU/VST/VST3 and AAX formats.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #3,724 of 7,352
I have posted both the yellow and green curves before in this thread. And any links I share via PMs are not meant to be permanent links so I cannot guarantee what is in there. That said the yellow is indeed the Cipher tuning and the green is Cipher equivalent for desktop use and similar to our Roon presets and our soon to be released, free as in beer, REVEAL plugin. We felt the green curve works much better with more potent and resolving DACs.

We will also be releasing REVEAL that does exactly what Roon presets do. It is a free plugin and will be available for both MAC and Windows in AU/VST/VST3 and AAX formats.
Thanks for the clarification!

As for the Dropbox link, I didn't knew it was PM content. I was just referring to post #3713.

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #3,727 of 7,352
Ended up returning the iSine10. I couldn’t really forget about them and enjoy the music as I had to constantly fumble with the fit so I didn’t really enjoy them even if the sound quality is the best out of any IEM on the market. I probably won’t buy any IEM’s in the future since I apparently don’t prefer the IEM design. Very much interested in a new Sine or buying an over-ear Audeze in the future though.

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #3,728 of 7,352
Ended up returning the iSine10. I couldn’t really forget about them and enjoy the music as I had to constantly fumble with the fit so I didn’t really enjoy them even if the sound quality is the best out of any IEM on the market. I probably won’t buy any IEM’s in the future since I apparently don’t prefer the IEM design. Very much interested in a new Sine or buying an over-ear Audeze in the future though.

If fit is the problem, you may not need to rule out IEMs b/c iSines really don't fit at all like a normal IEM. Most IEMs are nowhere near this challenging to fit.

If you need it to be planar, could try the Unique Melody ME.1.

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #3,729 of 7,352
If fit is the problem, you may not need to rule out IEMs b/c iSines really don't fit at all like a normal IEM. Most IEMs are nowhere near this challenging to fit.

Some folks balk at the Sony EX "Bolt" design. I think the challenge is worth the awesomeness :) EX1000 are finest Dynamics ever made IMO, I tip rolled for a while and ordered ASG sureseal to finally get there

I have me some i20 on the way.
Anyone using a balanced cable? Standard 2 pin?

Most important...what is that app in the post above? A correction app?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #3,730 of 7,352
Some folks balk at the Sony EX "Bolt" design. I think the challenge is worth the awesomeness :) EX1000 are finest Dynamics ever made IMO, I tip rolled for a while and ordered ASG sureseal to finally get there

Is there a regular cable in addition to the one with a DSP
Anyone using a balanced cable?

I use a effect audio balanced cable and will be getting a toxic balanced soon,
In the box you should get a cipher lightning cable also a standard 3.5mm cable.

Forgot to add it's 0.78 2 pin with a groove cut out old style 2 pin

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #3,731 of 7,352

It is great that Audeze took the initiative with the iSine to innovate, but they still have more work to do to make them truly comfortable. Though it should be noted it’s more bearable with the 3.5mm cable as you don’t have the weight of the Cipher cable tugging at the ears.

For the most part I don’t enjoy the feeling of having ear tips in my ears, listening to an IEM also fatigues my ears much quicker. The only use case I’d try an IEM monitor again is to find a headphone comfortable to run with, otherwise I’m cool with using on or over-ear the rest of the time.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #3,732 of 7,352
At the end of the day I spent $400 on the iSine when I’d pay more for an endgame headphone like the LCD-2 at that point. Though admittedly I want a cutting-edge Audeze headphone with the Cipher cable, genuine comfort, etc. so I’ll probably wait a while to see what else they release.

Looking for a headphone that I can wear at home when I want a flawless lossless listening experience, so portability isn’t necessary. I was just curious to hear the iSine since I figured maybe it was a cost-effective way to get to that goal but unfortunately I’d rather deal with a more comfortable on or over-ear headphone. These would be fantastic for audiophiles who want portable Audeze sound and don’t desire any noise isolation, such as those in cities or offices, so there is definitely a use case but it’s niche.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #3,733 of 7,352

Anyone using a balanced cable? Standard 2 pin?

what up home slice.

its a unique set and you know most people dont like a challenge.

all the app and eq settings are for people that use the 3.5 and try to mimic the sound you get when the cipher is being used. your not not gonna have a problem getting these things to sound like the cipher cable.

I think you'll like these. Massive stage since its basically a openback in a iem form.

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #3,734 of 7,352
what up home slice.

its a unique set and you know most people dont like a challenge.

all the app and eq settings are for people that use the 3.5 and try to mimic the sound you get when the cipher is being used. your not not gonna have a problem getting these things to sound like the cipher cable.

I think you'll like these. Massive stage since its basically a openback in a iem form.

Up bruh!
giphy.gif

Big stage
I build my bass mountains
Fit ish...I am an EX lover
Gonna be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back