Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Aug 30, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #3,451 of 7,352
Yep I tried the iSine20 and 3 days later had the LCDi4 headed my way in exchange. Having to use EQ to make the phones right just isn't.

The i4 on the other hand sound perfect with no EQ whatsoever. As bummed as I was with the iSine20 is as ecstatic as I am with the i4. Unfortunately all that goodness comes at a huge price difference... At any rate any device that requires EQ to function correctly is just not right.
Is that the difference? Would be interesting if anybody has EQ'd the 20 and compared to the i4.

It's interesting how yours and Headwacker's opinions are different regarding the i4.

Based on how 20 seems more refined than the 10, I'd expect no less(and significantly due to the huge leap in price).

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #3,452 of 7,352
Even though individual experiences may vary, every iSine headphone is burned-in and every unit is measured before we ship them. The iSines are really unique and we have said this many times before, the sound stage is like full size headphones. Even the iSine10 has lower distortion than almost all flagship IEMs.

Years ago, we did tests for the Military using planar speakers for sending sound across long distances. One of the tests was called an intelligibility test. During one of the tests, with our big speaker the listener was able to listen to spoken words 1 Mile away with 99.9% intelligibility. (Yes, it is not a typo - it was 1 Mile away). The main reason was, with Planar drivers there is no phase issues and no cross overs. So the brain is able to put it together much better. We hope once you get used to the sound, you will be pleasantly surprised by them. It takes sometime to get used to iSine especially if you are expecting typical IEM response.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 30, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #3,453 of 7,352
Tonality is just right if compared to iems specifically BA.

I'm listening to a great recording and sounds so real. Just amazing. Instrumentals are great due to the right tonality.

You know when you get that feeling inside when you got hit by something great? That moment.

This is music folks! I can't recall when I got hit by such emotion. HE-6 I think.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #3,454 of 7,352
Ya if you can get over the initial shock of how wonky the stock sound sig is with the 3.5 cable, you'll appreciate it's strengths.

For me it the imaging, seperation, and stage. They do it without making any of it sound fake.

Plan on doing a vid review for the 10s, just need a little more time with it. Also plan on getting a set of 20s for comparison.

Aug 30, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #3,455 of 7,352
Pros: Not a full sized headphone to carry around, very open sounding good imaging, overall a portable setup so not much to carry around.

Also, I think the treble is laid back without sounding dark which I like. Sibilance isn't strong.

Cons: Open back, sound leakage,

And this one I notice after extended session, the ear hook puts a lot pressure that it causes pain.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #3,456 of 7,352
Ya if you can get over the initial shock of how wonky the stock sound sig is with the 3.5 cable, you'll appreciate it's strengths.

For me it the imaging, seperation, and stage. They do it without making any of it sound fake.

Plan on doing a vid review for the 10s, just need a little more time with it. Also plan on getting a set of 20s for comparison.

I sell you mine if you are in europe if you want..

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #3,457 of 7,352
Is that the difference? Would be interesting if anybody has EQ'd the 20 and compared to the i4.

It's interesting how yours and Headwacker's opinions are different regarding the i4.

Based on how 20 seems more refined than the 10, I'd expect no less(and significantly due to the huge leap in price).

Hmnn, my brain never adjusted on it's stock sound. I've had multiple sessions comparing the 10, 20 and the i4. Each sessions are at least 1 hours. They did sound to me exactly the same since day one. Only the 10 sounds fine to me without EQ. Both the 20 and i4 sounds off. 20 is worst. I have not tried to EQ i4, but with the 20 already doing excellent with EQ, I don't see the need for i4.

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #3,458 of 7,352
Maybe you're more of a sound snob than I am. LOL.

An issue I have is I get resonance around the lower treble depending on the track. It's like those piano resonance that are annoying.

Sound can be a bit clearer, but interestingly, rock sounds splindid. I usually don't enjoy rock on iems.

Those are the only issues in terms of sound. I like that there is layer and imaging.

Amaze me with your EQ settings. Please link me or attach or post texts that I can put into EQAPO.

Thanks.

Aug 30, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #3,460 of 7,352
Definitely brain burn in, I think you expect a spike in the 1khz area now that you've listened to it. On the certificate of authenticity card, it states the unit comes pre-burned in and tested.

I demoed the i4 and the 1-2k spike is there as well.... Is this a house sound (perhaps to enhance vocal?) or something due to the chamber design?

Aug 30, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #3,461 of 7,352
^ I think it's more on the design than house sound. I have the Sine and tried the LCD-2 before and they don't sound close to the iSine/LCD-i4

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #3,463 of 7,352
Something is wonky about the tuning for sure. Best way to find this out is listen to some modern recordings. Certain sounds are smoothed out with grainy side to it. They dipped the region around the 6k area to create smoother sound, but this can create some weird effects on certain recording. These are really bad with electronic music or modern recordings.

The modern recording textures have been turned to grainy sounds which isn't right. Anyway, this is for the 20, 10 is even less refined than that.

Certain recordings, it sounds well, but it's not that it's transparent is the reason why modern recordings sound wonky. I know when I hear it, if it's due to transparency or not. It's not a balanced turne that's for sure, that's why it sounds like this.

Sigh. I must EQ? Oh right, Audeze says it's got low distortion so it should sound correct. Sure, whatever.

If I compare to Andromeda, I can hear a difference that Andromeda is much more correct and is neutral in comparison. Who the hell tuned this?! He/She needs to stop tuning stuff.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #3,464 of 7,352
Something is wonky about the tuning for sure. Best way to find this out is listen to some modern recordings. Certain sounds are smoothed out with grainy side to it. They dipped the region around the 6k area to create smoother sound, but this can create some weird effects on certain recording. These are really bad with electronic music or modern recordings.

The modern recording textures have been turned to grainy sounds which isn't right. Anyway, this is for the 20, 10 is even less refined than that.

Certain recordings, it sounds well, but it's not that it's transparent is the reason why modern recordings sound wonky. I know when I hear it, if it's due to transparency or not. It's not a balanced turne that's for sure, that's why it sounds like this.

Sigh. I must EQ? Oh right, Audeze says it's got low distortion so it should sound correct. Sure, whatever.

If I compare to Andromeda, I can hear a difference that Andromeda is much more correct and is really neutral. Who the hell tuned this?! He/She needs to stop tuning stuff.
Do you see yourself ever buying a cipher cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back