Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Apr 21, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #3,062 of 4,459
Mine shipped as well. Won’t have them until next week though:frowning2:

I'm just lucky as I live in NJ where Bloom is located. Stuff usually comes in one day, but, tomorrow is Saturday so you never know.

Apr 21, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #3,063 of 4,459
Update on Maxwell shipments, and firmware news.

Some Xbox units were recently shipped, however, we don’t expect to have all backordered Maxwell Xbox shipping until early May. This shipment should take care of all current orders (meaning direct customers, dealers, and distributors worldwide). New Xbox orders will be available in June. Maxwell PS orders placed before mid-April should ship with our mid-May fulfillment. Orders made after that time will be fulfilled in June.

Please note that we’re only referring to our shipping dates – how an international distributor wants their product shipped affects the total shipping time (for example, if they picked ocean freight instead of air). Many international distributors already received some of their original orders, but immediately sold out, however, the balance of these orders should be satisfied by the mid-May shipments.

The response to Maxwell has been overwhelming, and we’re ramping up production as fast as we can.

On a different subject, we expect to release new Maxwell firmware in about a week, and implement the custom EQ section of our PC and Mac apps about a week after that.

Many thanks for your support.

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 21, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #3,067 of 4,459
Please wait for the coming firmware updates next week, and try again.

Have you tried re-installing the firmware on both headset and dongle?

I did but it still give me the same issue "There are no device connected". I'll wait for the next firmware then but still, it's no big deal.

Although for upcoming updates, would it be possible to have a way to switch between USB and Dongle without unplugging the Dongle ? Like a shortcut on the app or a toggle on the headset ?

Apr 21, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #3,068 of 4,459
I did but it still give me the same issue "There are no device connected". I'll wait for the next firmware then but still, it's no big deal.

Although for upcoming updates, would it be possible to have a way to switch between USB and Dongle without unplugging the Dongle ? Like a shortcut on the app or a toggle on the headset ?
Due to the nature of the priority system, there is no switch that can be implemented. You will have to remove the usb or the dongle to switch between them.

If you have the dongle on one source, and usb on the other, we recommend turning off the source used on the connection you wish to disable.

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 21, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #3,069 of 4,459
Maxwell PS orders placed before mid-April should ship with our mid-May fulfillment. Orders made after that time will be fulfilled in June.

Should I take that very precisely? :D I received my "order confirmed" email from Audeze on 18 April 2023 (for my Maxwell PS) -- so I take it that is past "mid-April" and I should expect fulfillment in June?

I only ask because I got another email two days later (so, yesterday, 20 April 2023) with subject "About Your Order... 🎶", a picture of the Maxell, and this message:

We normally ship orders for in-stock products within 3-5 business days. This is a new headphone and may not ship until late April. Rest assured we haven’t forgotten about your order and will ship it as soon as we can.

I am cool either way :L3000: -- just curious as to the disconnect between the announcement here and the email I received yesterday directly from Audeze.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #3,070 of 4,459
Thanks for sharing!

How are they for music listening? Do you have any other headphones you could compare them to?

I wonder how they'd compare to the JM Audio XTC Closed, which have gotten quite a bit of hype lately. (keeping in mind that those are wired and don't have a microphone)
I've not had a chance to test them out with music yet. I bought them primarily for gaming however. I do have the Hifi Man Sundara, as well as some classic HD600s… as far as full sized cans go. For IEMs I have the DUNU SA6 and the Zen. I could do some comparisons at some point I suppose.

Apr 21, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #3,071 of 4,459
Should I take that very precisely? :D I received my "order confirmed" email from Audeze on 18 April 2023 (for my Maxwell PS) -- so I take it that is past "mid-April" and I should expect fulfillment in June?

I only ask because I got another email two days later (so, yesterday, 20 April 2023) with subject "About Your Order... 🎶", a picture of the Maxell, and this message:

We normally ship orders for in-stock products within 3-5 business days. This is a new headphone and may not ship until late April. Rest assured we haven’t forgotten about your order and will ship it as soon as we can.

I am cool either way :L3000: -- just curious as to the disconnect between the announcement here and the email I received yesterday directly from Audeze.
The statement today is more up to date. As for mid-April, this can give or take a few days. Until we have the products in hand and have shipped them in order, we do not have a concrete 100% way to ensure what the exact cut off is (people are constantly cancelling, changing orders, so these things are quite fluid until they are shipped). You'll know with 100% certainty if you haven't received yours until June.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #3,072 of 4,459
The statement today is more up to date. As for mid-April, this can give or take a few days. Until we have the products in hand and have shipped them in order, we do not have a concrete 100% way to ensure what the exact cut off is (people are constantly cancelling, changing orders, so these things are quite fluid until they are shipped). You'll know with 100% certainty if you haven't received yours until June.
Thanks for the response! I am unconcerned either way, just curious. :) I still have the Penrose and I look forward to getting the Maxwell whenever they arrive. I also pre-ordered those sweet-looking MM100, and those I know I am not expecting definitely until June or later.

Apr 21, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #3,073 of 4,459

Did you have the Audeze HQ app installed? You might have the Audeze Hub app installed which I think is the wrong app as I made the same mistake and was having the same error message.

Apr 21, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #3,074 of 4,459

Your connecting with Blutooth right? Not the dongle plugged into your phone (does that even work?) I would forget the Maxwell device and re pair it if you had not tried that yet as well.

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #3,075 of 4,459
Did you have the Audeze HQ app installed? You might have the Audeze Hub app installed which I think is the wrong app as I made the same mistake and was having the same error message.

Yes, it's the Audeze HQ app, not Audeze Hub.

Your connecting with Blutooth right? Not the dongle plugged into your phone (does that even work?) I would forget the Maxwell device and re pair it if you had not tried that yet as well.

Directly in bluetooth. The dongle is on my computer.
I tried forgetting and repairing over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back