Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Apr 11, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #4,786 of 6,486
  Yeah, I even brought the laptop and portable amp that I'll be using the headphones with. I'm super uncomfortable with EQing the headphones though. It feels like cheating.

If that's how you will be using the headphones in the end, then you really SHOULD use EQ when auditioning. I do.

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #4,788 of 6,486
  It is unlike anything I've ever heard before. But whenever there are no vocals, they sound fantastic..

One of my passions in life is piano instrumentals and concerts. I suggest taking a piano track with you and see how bad it sounds on the EL-8 lol ...

But I agree, there are some music that does sound good on the EL-8. They certainly are very good in many aspects, with a few fatal flaws.

And hey, I know budget is always a concert, but this is why many of us on HF have multiple headphones XD

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #4,789 of 6,486
  Yeah, I even brought the laptop and portable amp that I'll be using the headphones with. I'm super uncomfortable with EQing the headphones though. It feels like cheating.

If your goal is accurate reproduction of audio, then any headphone will need EQ to get closer to it...but never completely there, partially due to limitations of technology and the laws of physics. In the past, I linked to some resources that teach how to properly equalize headphones, but if you need the links again, or more info, feel free to ask.

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #4,790 of 6,486

If that's how you will be using the headphones in the end, then you really SHOULD use EQ when auditioning. I do.

Hm, I guess you're right. EQ will be at my disposal in the environment intended for use.

Are there any closed cans on the horizon in this price range that you're aware of?

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #4,791 of 6,486
Hm, I guess you're right. EQ will be at my disposal in the environment intended for use.

Are there any closed cans on the horizon in this price range that you're aware of?

In this price range do take a listen to the Final Audio Pandora Hope VI,if you have the chance.

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #4,793 of 6,486
I guess the closed must be a better headphone (for me) because I don't hear any dips or peaks.

Glad they arrived before the last 10 pages of this thread did...

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #4,798 of 6,486
  The T1s may not be a very good headphone for comparison 
redface.gif
. It is one of the most shrill and bright headphones I've heard and the measurements are pretty bad. 

It's not that bad.....

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #4,799 of 6,486

So true. The LCD3f and the LCD x sound god awful....

I meant starting with their implementation of fazor... LCD 3 was in the market before that. Fazor made the sound worse in my opinion. First fazor, now this... I have not heard LCD X so I can't comment about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back