Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Feb 18, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #2,491 of 6,486
  Mike, the most important thing for you to tell us is how they rate in the 700 buck range as compared to other headphones in the same category. Everyone here want to know how they rate against the HD-700, Sony Z7, HE-560, Oppo PM2/3 and the like. Is it really worth the asking price of 700 and how does it hold up to the other headphones in its class.

From your first impressions I may want to wait till the LCD-XC is modified to become lighter with the graphite headband instead of buying the EL-8 closed headphones. Although I may be waiting maybe months or years before the XC becomes lighter. 

Yeah I just published an in-depth Impressions piece for EnjoyTheMusic.com on the open-back EL-8s.

I used that piece to launch a new column under Sonic Satori called
Impressions Sessions.

I'm saving the other headphone comparisons for my full review - here:

I put together a few different system configurations and then gave impressions track-by-track.

I wanted people to know what I thought about the sound of the EL-8 - and keep the focus THERE, 
just for now...

I just thought there were FAR TOO MANY people wanting me to tell them how they stacked-up against the LCDs!!
And I'm like - this IS NOT AN LCD!!

YES- my comparisons will be on cans in the same price category...

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #2,492 of 6,486
  Yeah I just published an in-depth Impressions piece for EnjoyTheMusic.com on the open-back EL-8s.

I used that piece to launch a new column under Sonic Satori called
Impressions Sessions.

I'm saving the other headphone comparisons for my full review - here:

I put together a few different system configurations and then gave impressions track-by-track.

I wanted people to know what I thought about the sound of the EL-8 - and keep the focus THERE, 
just for now...

I just thought there were FAR TOO MANY people wanting me to tell them how they stacked-up against the LCDs!!
And I'm like - this IS NOT AN LCD!!

YES- my comparisons will be on cans in the same price category...

I read your impressions Mike. good read.

when you say these are not LCDs, do you mean not as good?

LCD and el 8 at least must at least share house sound? I hope you understand what I mean.

also I am pretty confident it will be good considering audeze track record. I guess its in the way hps are designed. Engineers have so much time so much effort it put in listening sessions and tests, its very difficult for these companies to make hps that are downright bad. maybe not to your taste but good nonetheless.

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #2,493 of 6,486
@mikemercer Thanks Mike for good reading

If they consider for all black as option, this is not a good news for me. I want black version, but I already pre-order and think mine would come at first batch

Second, do you have any news about supplied cable?  I mean a longer one.

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #2,494 of 6,486
 Many thanks Mike and well done on the article!!

beerchug.gif

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #2,497 of 6,486
A great article/ impressions of the Audeze EL-8 Mike. The way you describe these headphones and how they handle the music, has convinced me to get these headphones. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, very much appreciated.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #2,498 of 6,486
I just read Mikes piece on http://enjoythemusic.com and i know I'm not the only one who, after all of that's been going on these few weeks with Mike and his impressions of EL-8, will call out to AUDEZE and say...you should not only compliment him with a free EL-8 but thank him a gazilion. He probably singlehandedly sold out your first batch of production units.

Anyways Mike...i really truly hope they do...you more than deserve it. 

Thank you for everything...as soon as i am able to, i will buy them.

Z.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #2,501 of 6,486

I think he said that because the EL-8 and the LCDs have a different sound signature.

that's a SMALL part of it - but also very important!! Thanks @pfillion

The EL-8 is a wholly new and different headphone offering from Audeze...

Aimed at a different audience, 
priced at $699

I mean, even down to the most basic technological aspect of this planar-magnetic headphone - which is, itself, UN-like all LCD-Series planar-magnetics,
the EL-8 is single-sided! The LCDs are not. Like the ABYSS is a single-sided as well.

They've got LCD DNA, as I said in the article, because they're a part of the Audeze family::::
GREAT bass, silky, natural mids, and just so damn much FUN!

But, it's like my John Cooperworks Mini (a DOPE lil' ride) also has BMW DNA,
it doesn't have the top-speed, nor the luxury amenities that my wife's BMW X3 has!

BUT - my car handles like its on rails...

The EL-8, at 699 - IMHO, Breaks New Ground
It's not intended to be an LCD 

This is somethin' NEW,
kiìii somethin' fresh. It doesn't look back - and neither are you required to!!

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #2,502 of 6,486
sQuote:

If they consider for all black as option, this is not a good news for me. I want black version, but I already pre-order and think mine would come at first batch

Thanks man, you!!!!

I wouldn't worry about ANYTHING 

I've since learned they ARE doing an all-black version,''
I haven't heard ANYTHING new about the cable options,
but I'll ask

FELLAZ - 

Thanks SO much for your kinds words about Impressions Sessions

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #2,503 of 6,486
Thanks man, yoyallI wouldn't worry about ANYTHING @ !!

I've since learned they ARE doing an all-black version,''
I haven't heard ANYTHING new about the cable options,
but I'll ask

OMGGG!!!!!#!!!#!#!!!!!

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #2,505 of 6,486

Hi mikrosky, we know Mike Mercer is bursting for an all-black version. We're considering and looking at options but for now all EL-8s have the wood veneer. 
Thanks for your interest,
Audeze

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back