Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Feb 11, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #2,356 of 6,486
  unfortunately there's no way to do that YET!!
I'd LOVE that as well!!  

I've been eye-ballin' my Cavalli Audio LA and thinkin.....  ooooooh, aaahhhhh, how nice that would bE!!
DROOL...

So,

FELLAZ!

I'll keep posting here OF COURSE  - just wanted to let you know as some of you asked:

My full Early Impressions for EL-8 (open-backs) article will be featured in my Sonic Satori column at EnjoyTheMusic.com this week!
I'll keep you apprised.

AND: I have some new impressions to share here again - just been SLAMMED w/ work and taking care of Alexandra!!!

I appreciate the comments and reviews but I think a bit more enthusiasm would be good, I think you could use more exclamation marks, bold text and caps  :D

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #2,357 of 6,486

I appreciate the comments and reviews but I think a bit more enthusiasm would be good, I think you could use more exclamation marks, bold text and caps  :D

oh, damn.

Honestly - I need to cut down on that! (put there for, well... you know).

but I think a bit more enthusiasm would be good
wink.gif

Though - listening to them on my Cavalli LAu right now...
Can I just say for now, in Northern Cali-style:

Ughhhh, this is sick....
LOL

jotting down some new notes - will incorporate all this

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #2,358 of 6,486
http://theaudiotraveler.com/2015/02/11/ces-2015-the-personal-audio-perspective-audeze-el-8/

Some new thoughts from Warren Chi over at the Audio Traveler.

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #2,359 of 6,486
  http://theaudiotraveler.com/2015/02/11/ces-2015-the-personal-audio-perspective-audeze-el-8/

Some new thoughts from Warren Chi over at the Audio Traveler.

that's my boy!!

I totally surprised him all those months ago...
and watching his face when the music hit was PRICELESS 

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #2,360 of 6,486
  that's my boy!!

Mike, it's interesting to note that Warren states the sound quality does not seem as good as the early prototypes, and top of being heavier apparently. Do you have the same experience of the early prototype vs. the production model?

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #2,361 of 6,486
I hope that the final tuning on the production model is as good as the prototype that Warren heard months ago.

It's weird that sound quality was not as good on the prototype that they had at the CES ?

Maybe they realized before the CES that it was in their interest to degrade the sound quality of the EL-8 a little bit to avoid impacting the LCD-2 sales ? 
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #2,362 of 6,486
  I hope that the final tuning on the production model is as good as the prototype that Warren heard months ago.

It's weird that sound quality was not as good on the prototype that they had at the CES ?

Maybe they realized before the CES that it was in their interest to degrade the sound quality of the EL-8 a little bit to avoid impacting the LCD-2 sales ? 
wink.gif

Or maybe they still can't get a consistent sound between pairs...

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #2,363 of 6,486
  that's my boy!!

@mikemercer , when you have time earcup measurements please? thank you

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #2,369 of 6,486
Interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back