Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 5, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #182 of 6,486

They look like old HD600/650 style connectors. 
rolleyes.gif

They're definitely not using that connector. At launch, I'll post closeups of the EL-8's cable plugs.

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #183 of 6,486
  For another view, here's a photo of the Audeze EL-8 Open Back being fed by the Chord Hugo (and iPhone 6 Plus).

Thanks for dripping out info and pics Jude, soooo excited for a lighter/sleeker Audeze line -- even at current price range.

(I agree with those who think these won't be sub $1000. Let's not set ourselves up for disappointment guys!) 

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #184 of 6,486
  For another view, here's a photo of the Audeze EL-8 Open Back being fed by the Chord Hugo (and iPhone 6 Plus).

Lol, foreplay!  
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #185 of 6,486
So it really does have a concave grill?  Interesting...

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #186 of 6,486

That just looks like it sounds great! Looks comfortable too!

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #187 of 6,486
I like the design--a little bland, but nice. I'm also happy they used aluminum rather than plastic, I like the premium materials Audeze uses. My final guess on the price--$595.

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #189 of 6,486
Okay, I'll play devils advocate and go out on a limb. I'm not seeing a homerun with this one. :ph34r:   Not that I wouldn't love to see one...

Curious what leads you to this opinion (just as curious as to why I think it will be good)? Wonder how it will compare to the Oppo PM line?

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #190 of 6,486
I could not agree more with Barry... extremely Sennheiser-ish.

Doubt Audeze would want to sell anything sub $500... looks closer to the 1k mark probably.. cant wait to find out. And of course what they even sound like hahaha

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #192 of 6,486
Well, it's all speculation at this point. But I'll indulge you. Audeze track record IMO is somewhat of a train wreck. There were tons of problems with early units...TONS. It's looks to be a revolutionary change with this one. I'd have much rather seen an evolutionary change. Revolutionary is tough to do unless you have deep pockets and resources ( read Oppo ). I'm not saying that they won't eventually have a great product. I just don't see it happening right out of the gate.

Again, I'd love it if they prove me wrong. I've wanted the Audeze house sound in a comfortable design as much as anybody on HF.

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #193 of 6,486
Fair enough, thanks for the reply :)

Of course it's all speculation, however Audeze is a long way from when they first started. Crossing fingers.

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #194 of 6,486
I could not agree more with Barry... extremely Sennheiser-ish.

Doubt Audeze would want to sell anything sub $500... looks closer to the 1k mark probably.. cant wait to find out. And of course what they even sound like hahaha

If Alex has already said the EL-8 won't replace the LCD line, it seems like it would be confusing to price them close to $1000. Then they'd have two open headphones at about the same price, with the existing product at a higher level. If the EL8 was only closed back, that would make more sense, since the XC is a big step up in price.

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #195 of 6,486
Well, it's all speculation at this point. But I'll indulge you. Audeze track record IMO is somewhat of a train wreck. There were tons of problems with early units...TONS. It's looks to be a revolutionary change with this one. I'd have much rather seen an evolutionary change. Revolutionary is tough to do unless you have deep pockets and resources ( read Oppo ). I'm not saying that they won't eventually have a great product. I just don't see it happening right out of the gate.

Again, I'd love it if they prove me wrong. I've wanted the Audeze house sound in a comfortable design as much as anybody on HF.

To counter, I'd say Audeze had some issues as a brand new company with a brand new product. To me, this is an evolutionary product, despite the big change in cosmetics. It seems analogous to the tinkering and fine tuning HiFiMan does with their drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back