Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Apr 28, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #5,941 of 6,486
I'm with @droido256 on this one. My EL-8O arrive tomorrow. This is my last purchase for awhile (well, until the Fostex TH-X00 PurpleHearts show up). Then, I'll probably look at upgrading my amp setup. I'm almost bummed that I sold off the PM-3, as they would work well as my bedside setup. O'well. I'll have to look for another good sealed (and comfortable) can for the bedside.

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #5,942 of 6,486
Lmao how did you know? 48 hours of work on two hours of sleep

Been there
beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #5,943 of 6,486
Apr 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #5,944 of 6,486
Yep, I was ashamed of myself when I heard the HE-400 and went "holy crap, this is great!", since everyone ****s all over them too. And apparently an ear-bleeding stab at 6kHz (HD700/HD800) is better than a scoop.

My only complaint thus far is that the EL-8 is a little small for my comically massive, size 8 head. However, they're comfortable as far as small headphones go.

Luckily my head is small. K701, and my vintages are soooooo loose

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #5,945 of 6,486
I don't think you "don't know anything" for liking the EL8, to me its fits a niche for easy to drive planar, sort of portable since its on the heavy side.  I still have mine and use it once a day at least, rotate it with RS2e and X1 at our dinning room table system.  I think the LCD-2f has a better all around sound but if on the go EL8 wins.

As for adopting, first in line is my GF's daughter, she's already asked and my GF said no way, her daughter graduated from college last Dec, makes more money than the mom and still wants to be adopted (and is a hot looking chick to me), so if you have better credentials . . . .

Quote:

the beard is instant disqualification :p

old picture of daughter

See, imma pretty girl, imma pretty gurl...... 560 please! :smile:

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #5,949 of 6,486
If Timmy Trumpet is EDM, I guess I like it. I'm definitely going to be listening to that tonight when my pair of EL-8 O arrive.  Is there a break-in period, and how long should I keep volume at low to medium before cranking these puppies. I just picked up a pair of Energy Take Classic speakers for the living room and the manual told me to keep them low for the first 50 hours for break-in.

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #5,950 of 6,486
I never do break in periods, im too impatient. To me they sound perfect out of the box to be honest. But ive only had them for 5 hours. Ive heard they open up more after 50-100 hours, but not sure if that pertains to the 2015 model.

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #5,951 of 6,486
  If Timmy Trumpet is EDM, I guess I like it. I'm definitely going to be listening to that tonight when my pair of EL-8 O arrive.  Is there a break-in period, and how long should I keep volume at low to medium before cranking these puppies. I just picked up a pair of Energy Take Classic speakers for the living room and the manual told me to keep them low for the first 50 hours for break-in.

Is it better than PM-3 and HE400i?

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #5,954 of 6,486

Don't know about the new version but mine took about 200+ hours to settle into the current sound signature.  This is the only headphone, DAC, or amp that I noticed any type of burn-in.  Went from dark to dark/warm after 50+ hours, to warm after 100+ and then to warm/neutralish after 200+ where they currently are.

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #5,955 of 6,486
  Don't know about the new version but mine took about 200+ hours to settle into the current sound signature.  This is the only headphone, DAC, or amp that I noticed any type of burn-in.  Went from dark to dark/warm after 50+ hours, to warm after 100+ and then to warm/neutralish after 200+ where they currently are.

At 500 hours they hit "Angelic". lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back