Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 27, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #5,821 of 6,486
Just received mine this morning (open).....Crazy thing, they were inspected/made last week.....Hopefully, this newer batch won't have any problems.......Sound great so far through the ibasso 90X.......they are really tight especially in the bass dept, high clarity and extremely confortable....The soundstage could be a bit better...I will burn in some more

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #5,823 of 6,486
Purchased these from Apple Store today. Unboxed them and loved listening to them for a couple hours before noticing this:

I know the first gen had questionable QC and judging by the minuscule nicks in the paint right out of the box it very well could be. The box had a considerable amount of dust on it when they dug it out the back. Dammit!

I predict zero issues in getting a full refund from the Apple Store however I will need a better source for obtaining a later batch EL-8C in Canada. I'll hit up Headfoneshop

Mine got these when I received them.. I'm just tired of returning another one that I decided to leave it alone. And I want to let you know the improvements the mod I've read here at headfi to whom I forgot already is quite effective! worked for me.. :wink:

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #5,824 of 6,486
I ended up going back to Apple Store. They allowed me to unseal a brand new EL-8C prior to deciding whether I want to pursue a full refund or exchange.

The new pair I ended up with is all good. This new pair was signed by a different guy and seems to have revised female connector tolerances (Build date is 11-09-2015). They cable connectors sit more snug in the socket with zero play. 

I am pleased by the outcome

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #5,826 of 6,486
  I ended up going back to Apple Store. They allowed me to unseal a brand new EL-8C prior to deciding whether I want to pursue a full refund or exchange.

The new pair I ended up with is all good. This new pair was signed by a different guy and seems to have revised female connector tolerances (Build date is 11-09-2015). They cable connectors sit more snug in the socket with zero play. 

Yeah, the new shipment I was told came in October of last year. Apple probably(definitely!) wasn't aware of the defective run until very recently and I'm sure Audeze straightened everything out quickly once they found out defective units were still out there. I keep running into guys that have bought a defective pair and explaining to them that it really is an awesome sounding headphone once they get a legit pair. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #5,827 of 6,486
I have been enjoying the EL-8 so far. I've only had about 10-20 hours of total time with them, but they seem to pair great with Mojo and my MBP. I was not a big fan of them though out of the Sony ZX2. I'll try them with the DX90 later today since a previous poster said it was a good combo. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #5,829 of 6,486
  I have been enjoying the EL-8 so far. I've only had about 10-20 hours of total time with them, but they seem to pair great with Mojo and my MBP. I was not a big fan of them though out of the Sony ZX2. I'll try them with the DX90 later today since a previous poster said it was a good combo. 

+1 on the Mojo!

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #5,831 of 6,486
  I think Crutchfield has a very new batch....I got mine yesterday and they were made 10 days ago

You should be good then, anything after October is going to be sweet listening!

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #5,832 of 6,486

Nice. Smart customer service on Apple's part. Glad you got it exchanged. It's a no brainer cause that "crack' would've gotten worse. :frowning2:

Jan 30, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #5,833 of 6,486
  Purchased these from Apple Store today. Unboxed them and loved listening to them for a couple hours before noticing this:

I know the first gen had questionable QC and judging by the minuscule nicks in the paint right out of the box it very well could be. The box had a considerable amount of dust on it when they dug it out the back. Dammit!

I predict zero issues in getting a full refund from the Apple Store however I will need a better source for obtaining a later batch EL-8C in Canada. I'll hit up Headfoneshop

I also bought mine from the Apple store in Canada and but had a different problem! They were defective, no bass and too much highs. Audeze just received my defective headphones and going to exchange them for a brand new pair :D

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #5,834 of 6,486
Just received mine this morning (open).....Crazy thing, they were inspected/made last week.....Hopefully, this newer batch won't have any problems.......Sound great so far through the ibasso 90X.......they are really tight especially in the bass dept, high clarity and extremely confortable....The soundstage could be a bit better...I will burn in some more
would you mind requesting a frequency graph from Audeze? I've been hearing about a revision and I wanna see what's up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back