Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 12, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #3,136 of 6,486
Did you order the closed back EL-8s?  If so will be interested to hear your thoughts on the two since I currently am auditioning the PM-3s and thinking of testing them against the EL-8s but would be interested to hear some other thoughts first on the two.

Yep closed back since I have the LCD3's and HD800s already. This is purely for travel.

Lol the horror such a decision:D. I would take the most portable of the two. I always wanted to visit Shanghai, the history, of such a city, could keep me happily preoccupied.

Yeah going for work so it should be great. All expenses paid, A380 business class and staying at the Waldorf Astoria :wink:

Mar 12, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #3,137 of 6,486
Interested to hear comparisons to the Pandora Hope VI too, which really took me by surprise on a fairly brief session, and which I liked a great deal more than the proto open EL8.

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #3,138 of 6,486
Interested to hear comparisons to the Pandora Hope VI too, which really took me by surprise on a fairly brief session, and which I liked a great deal more than the proto open EL8.

the single ended cabling has many problems some body found that the company uses a 4 conductor cable "but" the company
decided that using   3   conductors (for L and R together)is enought  this will destroy whatsever image you can get .... but you can compare to the el8

Mar 12, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #3,139 of 6,486
Yep closed back since I have the LCD3's and HD800s already. This is purely for travel.
Yeah going for work so it should be great. All expenses paid, A380 business class and staying at the Waldorf Astoria
wink.gif

How do they compare to the LCD3's and the HD800? Just curious lol 

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #3,140 of 6,486
I've got a review pair of open EL-8s coming my way for early next week. I'll be doing a full review for them on Headphone.guru. I ALWAYS look forward to hearing a new pair of Audeze headphones...never been disappointed so far and I'm confident these will continue in that tradition.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #3,141 of 6,486
  I've got a review pair of open EL-8s coming my way for early next week. I'll be doing a full review for them on Headphone.guru. I ALWAYS look forward to hearing a new pair of Audeze headphones...never been disappointed so far and I'm confident these will continue in that tradition.

Ditto to that. I'm pretty sure that Audeze might be the only company I'd willing preorder any items from without reading extensive reviews or getting a personal audition beforehand. Can't wait for my closed EL-8s to show up soon to complement my LCD-X.

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #3,146 of 6,486
I like the up-front sound he's referring to in the open-backs - as it doesn't sound too aggressive for me!

SORRY I been MIA fellas!
LOADS of work to catch up on...

Psyched to read through some of your impressions!

Been havin' a BLAST w/ the EL-8 open-backs - and should have the closed-backs ASAP for review too!!

Hey Mike,

Being the Audeze aficionado that you are, if you could only have one, which would you go with: the El-8 open-back or the LCD-X?

With all the great reviews for each, I'm having a tough time deciding!

And I know they're not the same, etc. but it'd be great to hear which you'd choose if you could only choose one.

Mar 13, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #3,149 of 6,486
I'd love to hear more about this combo. I really dig my NAD HP50s with the Pono but if the closed EL-8 sounds even better I'm all in. :)

I'm no expert, and I'm no cork sniffer (can't you just smell the wood from the barrel in the upper midrange...). :D
I don't know your NAD HP50s..but the EL-8's are out of the box the best headphones I've ever heard matched with the Pono.

Mar 13, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #3,150 of 6,486
I'm no expert, and I'm no cork sniffer (can't you just smell the wood from the barrel in the upper midrange...).
biggrin.gif

I don't know your NAD HP50s..but the EL-8's are out of the box the best headphones I've ever heard matched with the Pono.

OK, if someone else has listened to both and happens to read this I'd love a comparison. 

It does sound very promising though. :) For home use I have my entry level Stax that I think are awesome but I'm curious to see if closed headphones can get better than the NADs (without costing a fortune).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back