Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 11, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #3,094 of 6,486
Just received mine. I am very impressed by the build quality all metal construction.  They are very comfortable great clamping pressure and soft leather and pads. The only criticism I have regarding the built quality is the cable connectors they are a tad wobbly. 

I haven't had any time to do critical listening yet.

I expected the cable issue! I am not sure if Audeze did a strain test to evaluate their new cable.

The first version of LCD had faulty cable connectors that crack easily. Are we talking about a repeated history of failure.

Mar 11, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #3,097 of 6,486
 no , and for myself the color does not bother me at all ,it will not change the sound of the phones
details like these are irrelevant to me IMO 

hahah glad you guys dont care. so far preorder ppl only posted pixs of the less popular light colored one, which wld b a smart move for audeze to send the light color one to ppl who dont care abt color. i am definitely waiting for the darker rosewood or a black model.

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #3,099 of 6,486
  looks like a remote/microphone thing to me

Good catch.  It's probably a bluetooth adapater. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #3,100 of 6,486
Shipment has been delayed until next week at the earliest...

Mar 11, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #3,101 of 6,486
Shipment has been delayed until next week at the earliest...

Bummer, I hope the anticipation you are feeling is not a buzz kill.

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #3,102 of 6,486

Amazing. Such depth they sound very precise without sounding synthetic. The bass is very punchy without sounding muddy. Mids and treble sound clean and precise. Listened to Lana del Ray's Ultraviolence as well as Daft Punk's Alive and Homework. I was definitive most impressed with the clarity and precision of Daft Punk's albums. Also the wood looks and feels cheap it should have a finish on it. I like the idea of the wood on it it just should have a finish on it. I am wood worker as well so I will be applying a satin finish to it. And if audeze is reading this the oils from your hands are going to seep into the unfinished wood and give it an unpleasant and uneven patina.

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #3,103 of 6,486
Amazing. Such depth they sound very precise without sounding synthetic. The bass is very punchy without sounding muddy. Mids and treble sound clean and precise. Listened to Lana del Ray's Ultraviolence as well as Daft Punk's Alive and Homework. I was definitive most impressed with the clarity and precision of Daft Punk's albums. Also the wood looks and feels cheap it should have a finish on it. I like the idea of the wood on it it just should have a finish on it. I am wood worker as well so I will be applying a satin finish to it. And if audeze is reading this the oils from your hands are going to seep into the unfinished wood and give it an unpleasant and uneven patina.

What gear are you using and what version of the EL8? Closed or open?

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #3,104 of 6,486
What gear are you using and what version of the EL8? Closed or open?

As seen here, he got the closed back. http://www.head-fi.org/t/749214/audeze-el-8-the-el-8-is-a-must-hear-at-ces-2015/3090#post_11401467

And the comment about wood is worrying lol

And gear is irrelevant given these are sensitive "portable" headphones, right? :p

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #3,105 of 6,486
Hey, nobody paid me to use my scroll wheel! But seriously tho, that's awesome. Can't wait to get my pre-order in.

I might have to run some oil over the wood if its unfinished. Wonder if they can be taken apart and the wood worked without messing with the other parts. If all else fails just use a small brush and some painters tape to seal and protect it. Oil doesn't stick or harm most metal or plastics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back