Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 11, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #3,076 of 6,486
I am super excited right now! Just saw a Facebook post from my fav headphone store here in Korea where I live and it says that the CEO of Audeze, Alexander Rosson is coming to the store on this week Sunday with EL-8s!!! 
beerchug.gif

They will have limited stock for sale so I'm going to get my cash and go! I will buy only if I like the sound though, I mean if it's like $400 or something I would get it first before the stock runs out but it's more like $800 (here in Korea (not a 100% sure about the price though)).
Guys from Astell&Kern who will retail the EL-8s told me a month ago or so that they talked to the CEO of Audeze and agreed on a price around $800 USD. It would be great if they have the limited stock (they're not going to start selling the EL-8s officially yet) at a lower price then that :0.

The thing I really wanted to ask you guys on this thread is, I wish to make a video interview with Alexander Rosson if I get a chance (I mean I know I can get to talk to the guy but then I'll be busy at first trying to decide if I want to buy the EL-8, purchasing the EL-8 if I like it is the top priority to me right now). So, I don't want to ask him some lame obvious questions that you can find out on the internet but something special.
Please have some suggestions on questions I could ask for me. Thanks! and if I do get the EL-8, I'll keep yall updated and I'll do a short comparison of the EL-8 closed back vs open back (I'll get the open back for sure though) for you guys while I listen.

Please post the suggestions below! Thanks again!

p.s. If I don't get to make a video, I'll at least type something up or write down some stuff. Cheers!
atsmile.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #3,078 of 6,486
Mar 11, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #3,080 of 6,486
  I cant decide if I should get the open or closed version :frowning2: 

Open if outside noises can't or don't bother you and if what your listening to wont bother others. 

Closed if not. :)

I'm sure the closed will not be insanely isolating but it wont leak much of any sound at all. 

Personally I went with closed but that's so I can use them in an office and at home without disturbing my wife and to block out the TV and the dog being fussy or whatever.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #3,081 of 6,486

Open if outside noises can't or don't bother you and if what your listening to wont bother others. 

Closed if not. :)

I'm sure the closed will not be insanely isolating but it wont leak much of any sound at all. 

Personally I went with closed but that's so I can use them in an office and at home without disturbing my wife and to block out the TV and the dog being fussy or whatever.

Well sound isolation isn't really an issue to me but I have never owned a Audeze before so if that isn't an issue I should go with the open? 

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #3,083 of 6,486
  Well sound isolation isn't really an issue to me but I have never owned a Audeze before so if that isn't an issue I should go with the open? 

Open is generally better. I personally prefer the sound sig of the LCD-XC to the LCD-X and/or LCD-3. I needed closed and loved the way it sounded so it was a perfect fit. 

Open is generally more open and spacious while closed tends to be punchier. 

I said generally people, please don't attack me. :p

As for the comparison between the two headphones against themselves, we wont know until someone can A/B compare the two models side by side.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #3,085 of 6,486

Open is generally better. I personally prefer the sound sig of the LCD-XC to the LCD-X and/or LCD-3. I needed closed and loved the way it sounded so it was a perfect fit. 

Open is generally more open and spacious while closed tends to be punchier. 

I said generally people, please don't attack me. :p

As for the comparison between the two headphones against themselves, we wont know until someone can A/B compare the two models side by side.

I like a more forward sounding sound signature if that helps ;P

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #3,090 of 6,486
Just received mine. I am very impressed by the build quality all metal construction.  They are very comfortable great clamping pressure and soft leather and pads. The only criticism I have regarding the built quality is the cable connectors they are a tad wobbly. 

I haven't had any time to do critical listening yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back