Audeze CRBN Interview, Review, Measurements
Aug 25, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #496 of 1,907
Does anyone here have experience with JR audio? They're sold through either myheadfi.com or their eBay store. They claim to be selling KGSSHV carbons for under 3k US, which seems a little too cheap to be real. Would love to pick a pair of these up, but I can't see my self being able to spend the 5k+ on a lot of the other amps that seem "ideal" to pair these with :slight_frown:

Aug 25, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #497 of 1,907
Does anyone here have experience with JR audio? They're sold through either myheadfi.com or their eBay store. They claim to be selling KGSSHV carbons for under 3k US, which seems a little too cheap to be real. Would love to pick a pair of these up, but I can't see my self being able to spend the 5k+ on a lot of the other amps that seem "ideal" to pair these with :slight_frown:
They aren't recommended as their build quality assurance is severely lacking. They're likely also not using genuine parts.

Alternatives would be SR-X, KGSSHV, KGST, CFA which all land under $3k.

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #498 of 1,907
Could've just been blind, but I don't remember seeing this amount of quality stat amps pop up like they have been in the classifieds since the CRBN gained traction in this thread. Lot of good options out there and its good to see strong interest in this and other threads regarding going the stat route. :)

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #499 of 1,907
Could've just been blind, but I don't remember seeing this amount of quality stat amps pop up like they have been in the classifieds since the CRBN gained traction in this thread. Lot of good options out there and its good to see strong interest in this and other threads regarding going the stat route. :)
Yeah, I have noticed the same thing in the classifieds. I am certainly one of those people who were not really interested in the e-stat area until the CRBN. Now I'm checking this thread every day for the first few people to give their impressions....:darthsmile:

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #500 of 1,907
Yeah, I have noticed the same thing in the classifieds. I am certainly one of those people who were not really interested in the e-stat area until the CRBN. Now I'm checking this thread every day for the first few people to give their impressions....:darthsmile:
Same for me, I am always scouring the classifieds. Even when I am not really looking to buy. I learned a lot about this hobby by reading the classifieds regularly, and of course buying tons of gear :). I never noticed this much e-stat stuff before (maybe I was just skipping over it?). I was never really interested in e-stat before the Carbon, but now I am definitely curious at least. I will be going to Audeze or CanJam SoCal to demo soon. For the more casual listeners or e-stat lurkers, I feel like e-stat tech needed a more visible public profile. At the very least Audeze is raising awareness of the tech and its sound signature benefits. Maybe more companies will jump in to make it more accessible through competition, lower entry cost & less complexity.

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #501 of 1,907
I have one. Compared it to my buddy's Headamp Blue Hawaii SE and it sounds just as good - if not better if you're into solid-state on 009, Voce, and L700 MkII. Absolutely no reason to justify spending more for another builder's version when you can get the JR. What you see is actually what you get. Everything appears to be top-notch quality from my electrical engineer friend's perspective. There is also a warranty if you did run into any issues. I would personally recommend it.

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #502 of 1,907
I have one. Compared it to my buddy's Headamp Blue Hawaii SE and it sounds just as good - if not better if you're into solid-state on 009, Voce, and L700 MkII. Absolutely no reason to justify spending more for another builder's version when you can get the JR. What you see is actually what you get. Everything appears to be top-notch quality from my electrical engineer friend's perspective. There is also a warranty if you did run into any issues. I would personally recommend it.
Do your homework, make your choice.

https://www.head-case.org/forums/topic/14898-how-not-to-build-amps/

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 27, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #504 of 1,907
That looks to be a different builder from the label. (But I'm not endorsing the JR build, I have no idea if it is any good.)
Someone claimed they're a distributor for JR audio in the second page, not sure if that's actually the case, as the JR audio builds I've seen look pretty different.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #505 of 1,907
Someone claimed they're a distributor for JR audio in the second page, not sure if that's actually the case, as the JR audio builds I've seen look pretty different.
It was confirmed to be JR Audio.

These dudes have been doing this for years.

This isn't the first cloner, none of them are talented, honest or barely competent at that.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #508 of 1,907
Anyone here who has preordered and should receive his pair in the upcoming week?

Feels like it has been 4 weeks now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back