Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Oct 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #646 of 820
In an office environment where you have to listen at lower levels as not to disturb anyone, I wonder if the same arguments apply to what type and which model of headphone works best and to enjoy? Maybe something dynamic that is easy to drive and obviously closed...

Oct 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #650 of 820
Yee and it's planar magnetic. Audeze's headphones are not owned by Yamaha. :p

Don't forget electrostatic headphones too. I prefer an entry STAX system over the LCD-2

Pretty sure it is basically the same thing... Yes well supposedly STAX are the best headphones in the world but they are extremely expensive... Never heard them so I don't know...

The basic STAX system can be found for $600 USD new.

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #651 of 820

Really? I can't find them anywhere for love nor money. I used to own the Basic 2020 but sold them
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #652 of 820

Hmmm well yes that is what I did, well observed.... I assumed this would be better than my own explanation....

It's even better when you give proper credit to the source instead of having others do it for you. 

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #654 of 820

Wow... I was trying to be helpful... I never claimed I wrote it or meant it to look like that.... No pleasing some people

Plagiarism has nothing to do with intent...if you use someone else's ideas, just give them credit...that's all

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #655 of 820

Plagiarism has nothing to do with intent...if you use someone else's ideas, just give them credit...that's all

Plagiarism would be if I was using it for my benefit or trying to make money or actually claiming I wrote it.... I was just trying to be helpful by giving some information... Sorry in future I will include a full bibliography

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #656 of 820

Really? I can't find them anywhere for love nor money. I used to own the Basic 2020 but sold them
frown.gif

I bought it from an eBay vendor who honours the original manufacturer's warranty. Keep in mind that basic units from Japan can often be found $200 USD less than from North American vendors.

Anywho, the STAX doesn't have the same bass impact as planar magnetic headphones from my experience, but they seem to have a pretty smooth sound signature overall with a slightly shouty midrange. The HifiMANs I've tried all have trouble with the treble, and the Audeze's are too dark and congested-sounding for my tastes.

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #657 of 820

Plagiarism would be if I was using it for my benefit or trying to make money or actually claiming I wrote it.... I was just trying to be helpful by giving some information... Sorry in future I will include a full bibliography

I'm glad you posted it and I'm sure others are, too...not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to make sure credit goes to the person who wrote it. 

You don't have to explicitly claim it as your own for it to be plagiarism. Maybe it's different in the UK, I dunno. 

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #658 of 820
  I bought it from an eBay vendor who honours the original manufacturer's warranty. Keep in mind that basic units from Japan can often be found $200 USD less than from North American vendors.

Anywho, the STAX doesn't have the same bass impact as planar magnetic headphones from my experience, but they seem to have a pretty smooth sound signature overall with a slightly shouty midrange. The HifiMANs I've tried all have trouble with the treble, and the Audeze's are too dark and congested-sounding for my tastes.

Does the HE500 have problems with the treble as well? What is wrong with it? I am thinking of upgrading me HE400 as although I like them overall I do not like the treble much...

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #659 of 820

Does the HE500 have problems with the treble as well? What is wrong with it? I am thinking of upgrading me HE400 as although I like them overall I do not like the treble much...

The treble's pretty dang good with Jergpads, I can tell you that much. Clean as a whistle in measurements too.

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #660 of 820

I'm glad you posted it and I'm sure others are, too...not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to make sure credit goes to the person who wrote it. 

You don't have to explicitly claim it as your own for it to be plagiarism. Maybe it's different in the UK, I dunno. 

It's just polite to source something when you copy it - and quote it in text formatting.

I honestly thought he was trying to pass Tyll's writing as his own opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back