Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Oct 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #106 of 820
Quote:
My sentiments exactly. It looks like most of the money went into expensive and luxurious materials and not build quality. I'm not that big into wooden headphones myself, since my wooden coffee tables, office tables, wooden floors and my wooden bed frames are of a higher craftsmanship than any "Woodie" headphone I've seen, including the Audeze LCD-3.

You've never seen the TH900 then. 

@DF: nice thread ****ting, bro.  These probably aren't viable for my mobile needs either, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sonic perks over my IEM's (mostly top-tier) just as the other Audez'e headphones already do.

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #107 of 820
Quote:

@DF: nice thread ****ting, bro.  These probably aren't viable for my mobile needs either, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had some sonic perks over my IEM's (mostly top-tier) just as the other Audez'e headphones already do.

Seriously, I wasn't looking for a fight and never saw this flame war coming. (shrugs) Call me dumb for being honest on thread about what I think.

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #108 of 820
Quote:
Giving all the benefits and sound of an open headphone, yet providing the extra isolation for a closed headphone that would otherwise allow you to dig deeper into the recording for extra detail, that always seems like a good thing to me.

Very true. And very appealing to me. I'm just worried about what the list price is going to be. If it's unaffordable, then it's just another tease.

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #109 of 820
Depends on the price, but I'd be interested if it's actually reasonable (unlike the LCD-3s).

No other headphone on earth scratches the bass itch like Audezes, so having the opportunity to listen to them around the house without offending/waking the wife is always welcomed 
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #111 of 820
Yikes, these cans look quite pretty indeed. More headphone eyecandy.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #112 of 820
Quote:

I thought they were closed to start with?

The FA-002 is open; the more famous FA-003 is closed. The FA-003 and FA-002W are just the FA-002 with closed cups.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #113 of 820
Quote:
Seriously, I wasn't looking for a fight and never saw this flame war coming. (shrugs) Call me dumb for being honest on thread about what I think.

These audeze closed headphones are going to weigh north of 500 grams most likely. Price would be probably north of £1500 too.
It is bonkers to even consider wearing these beasts for portable mobile listening, of course. But that's the case with, errr, nearly all the closed headphones I've come across. So there's no disadvantage there for me anyway.

When I see someone get flamed there's usually an explanation, but I can't find any for this one...... 
......never mind.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #114 of 820
Quote:

These audeze closed headphones are going to weigh north of 500 grams most likely. Price would be probably north of £1500 too.
It is bonkers to even consider wearing these beasts for portable mobile listening, of course. But that's the case with, errr, nearly all the closed headphones I've come across. So there's no disadvantage there.

When I see someone get flamed there's usually an explanation, but I can't find any for this one...... 
......never mind.

i was hoping it has at most 1000 usd price tag... well now think about it, maybe not...

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #116 of 820
Quote:
They also had a red version.

That seems to be a more developed prototype; note the ring around are black plastic (or metal maybe) instead of bamboo. Squinting the eyes these might remind one of certain other headphones.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #118 of 820
I would love to have a more fun Audeze to complement the dark LCD-2.  I just hope you're all wrong and it isn't going to have pricing in the $1500+ range.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #119 of 820
To all those who are saying that these aren't portable, you may be right. However, they are most certainly transportable and perfect for someone like me, a student. I can't use open headphones at the dorm (roomies), the library, the office, or the lawn. These are the cans I've been dreaming of :) They would also be good for someone who is moving their listening station between their house and place of work. Bottom line, there is a market (a substantial one) for these.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.
In MalVeauX we trust.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #120 of 820
Quote:
You've never seen the TH900 then. 

The Fostex TH900 has wood in it? Are you sure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back