Audalytic AH90 - All in one Streamer, DAC, Heapphone Amp
Nov 16, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #61 of 376
Hi

It is recommended to use an external linear power supply of 2.5A and above.
12 to 15 volt,More than 15V is bad and may damage the device.

3A is ideal, 5A is even better.

With more sufficient linear power, you can hear a more stable, more energetic, and more fulfilling sound field when playing music.

We once tested the 1A power supply and the AH90 could not start.
So there is no need to try an underpowered power supply even if it is less noisy.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #62 of 376
Hi, I'm also totally into this!

Did anyone test the UPnP feature for stability, quality, etc? What files and sample rates are supported with UPnP?

In my understanding, UPnP streams the source file (i.e. .flac) as-is to the device and thus allows for bit-perfect playback, but only up to a certain bitrate. It should be possible to set this threshold bitrate in the UPnP .config file. As the OS is Debian and the firmware update mode 'exposes' the file system via USB (as @GUSTARD said), I wonder if's is possible to adjust the UPnP quality settings.

Another question I have is if the USB port features ios-otg compatibility (plugging an iPad for stationary Apple Music playback)? I asked the Audiophonics support and they mentioned it should work but maybe someone can confirm this.

Thx!

Nov 19, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #63 of 376
Hi, I'm also totally into this!

Did anyone test the UPnP feature for stability, quality, etc? What files and sample rates are supported with UPnP?

In my understanding, UPnP streams the source file (i.e. .flac) as-is to the device and thus allows for bit-perfect playback, but only up to a certain bitrate. It should be possible to set this threshold bitrate in the UPnP .config file. As the OS is Debian and the firmware update mode 'exposes' the file system via USB (as @GUSTARD said), I wonder if's is possible to adjust the UPnP quality settings.

Another question I have is if the USB port features ios-otg compatibility (plugging an iPad for stationary Apple Music playback)? I asked the Audiophonics support and they mentioned it should work but maybe someone can confirm this.

Thx!
The UPNP protocol of current streamer firmware version(1v43) support PCM 44.1-384kHz without any problem.

In addition, the USB input supports Android and Apple OTG

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #64 of 376
@GUSTARD what is status of "DSD Direct" mode for AH90 ?

Is it Close to release?

Many of us HQPlayer NAA and Roon RAAT users are really excited for this firmware update

I hope the process to update is easy

I hope it still allows selection of the AKM DSD filters

Nov 22, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #65 of 376
@GUSTARD what is status of "DSD Direct" mode for AH90 ?

Is it Close to release?

Many of us HQPlayer NAA and Roon RAAT users are really excited for this firmware update

I hope the process to update is easy

I hope it still allows selection of the AKM DSD filters
Exactly
I’m not buying one until this is firmware is updated.
If they want to sell these they would hurry it up lol.

Nov 30, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #70 of 376
Hi all, does the Tidal connect work on android? and if not, will be it possible in near future? I ordered R26, will come in two weeks, I suppose, that the streaming section is the same by R26?

Dec 6, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #72 of 376
1701872306445.png

Ok, so I received the unit today and got it working via USB with the Gustard USB driver. Is this the latest revision?

I didn't receive a paper manual, I guess the PDF and driver are on the small CD that came with the unit. It's 2023, can the product have an official page with drivers and manual? I have 2 PCs and 3 laptops in the house but no CD drive.

Edit: Also Tidal Connect doesn't work from either of my phones, it sees it in the list but when I selected it doesn't play on it. Works with mconnect and bubbleupnp. Gustarender says 1.43.

Thank you @GUSTARD

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #74 of 376
I ordered my H90 tonight. I am confident that this will take care of the quality issues regarding converting streamed content. I am not expecting it to top my Moon CD-1 which Burr Browns with over sampling. Not only that, but I am giving serious consideration to the eventual purchase of a Ladder Bach Preamp, unless someone can tell me why that is a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back