ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Dec 5, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #7,516 of 9,716
Welcome to the club!!!

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #7,517 of 9,716
Thanks! Any tips or just let em rip?
I think the only suggestion might be to not use them at high volume for the first XXX hours. Someone may be able to expand on this.

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #7,520 of 9,716
My current setup is really basic: Macbook Pro to JDS Atom.
Enjoy it. While there is plenty of chat about "more stuff" (DACs, amps, cable, etc), ignore all of it and have fun with your Eikon, you will be happy with it. It is a beautiful headphone.

Dec 7, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #7,521 of 9,716
Sorry if this has already been mentioned - just received an Eikon a few days ago, and compared with my slightly older Atticus (by about a year), it looks to have a flatter tipped adjustment rod with an additional notch.

Is this just the new default for more recent models? It doesn't seem to be a different material but is easier to adjust, though I guess that's just because it's had less use.

XsncdTd.jpg

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #7,522 of 9,716
Sorry if this has already been mentioned - just received an Eikon a few days ago, and compared with my slightly older Atticus (by about a year), it looks to have a flatter tipped adjustment rod with an additional notch.

Is this just the new default for more recent models? It doesn't seem to be a different material but is easier to adjust, though I guess that's just because it's had less use.

XsncdTd.jpg

ZMF changed the design of the slider rod since you bought your Atticus.

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #7,523 of 9,716
So I received my cherry Eikon yesterday and got about 20 minutes with it. All I can say is wow. The biggest difference I noticed from the 660s is a much wider soundstage and deeper, more layered sound. Obviously very quick and initial impressions. However, I do have a question for you all about the OFC cable: how can you tell which wire goes to the right and left cups? There are no markings.

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #7,524 of 9,716
So I received my cherry Eikon yesterday and got about 20 minutes with it. All I can say is wow. The biggest difference I noticed from the 660s is a much wider soundstage and deeper, more layered sound. Obviously very quick and initial impressions. However, I do have a question for you all about the OFC cable: how can you tell which wire goes to the right and left cups? There are no markings.
Enjoy them
This may help
https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #7,525 of 9,716

I wonder if they forgot to stamp the connectors as both of my OFC cables have the markings L and R on the black part of the connector (strain relief area)...My Atmos has a red ring on the Right channel but no other markings.

you might have to play a left right test track to figure it out and mark it for the time being and then just contact Zach and Bevin and they will sort you out!

Keith

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #7,526 of 9,716
@sulcusgcs
I have several OFC cables, they all have the red rubber ring on the right connector.

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #7,528 of 9,716
@sulcusgcs
I have several OFC cables, they all have the red rubber ring on the right connector.
I can post pictures later but I received two cables, one described as the "Stock" cable that does have the red rubber ring on the right connector, and an all-black OFC cable (that matches the picture on the ZMF website). It is certainly possible that I missed the R/L markings last night but as far as I can tell there are none. I contacted the seller and he said he ran a channel test so I will do that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back