ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Mar 30, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #6,886 of 9,711
Perhaps we need to create a list of amps providing good synergy with the Atticus, given that it is said to be rather picky.

As I stated in my other posts ...

Audioquest Dragonfly Red

It pairs very well with the Atticus

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #6,889 of 9,711
i really like the Valhalla 2 with Atticus.

I might have to add the Valhalla 2 to my growing Schiit collection. I live close to the Schiiter store, so can demo my Atticus with it to see if it pairs better than the Mjolnir 2 and Jotunheim. Thanks.

Mar 30, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #6,891 of 9,711
Valhalla 2 really opens up the sound for me, good layering and fullness.

Interesting how it could be so different from the Mojlnir 2 and Jotunheim with the Atticus. OTL maybe?

Mar 31, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #6,893 of 9,711
After a long thought, last night, I decided to give myself a ZMF Eikon.
I thank all the guys from the forum and especially in this thread, for helping me with my choice.
I also thank the Acorn Audio guys for their wonderful service!
Next week those beauties will come to their new home :smile_phones:

Lu

P.S.
And Zach of course, for his art!

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #6,894 of 9,711
Please see my Eikon and Atticus review here

I hope you enjoy and I hope it is informative.

I tried to write the review in a way that would help people decide which one to get based on their preferences or help people decide they need both based on their preferences :)

IMG_0056.jpeg

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #6,895 of 9,711
Please see my Eikon and Atticus review here

I hope you enjoy and I hope it is informative.

I tried to write the review in a way that would help people decide which one to get based on their preferences or help people decide they need both based on their preferences :)

I needed both, so I bought both a long time ago. :)

Apr 2, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #6,898 of 9,711
Re amps (from Mr. Mehrbach himself):

“I'd go LYR 3 over Valhalla, also the Eddie Current Massdrop amp is pretty good too.”

A Zach quote? I thought he had recommended OTL amps at some point. The Valhalla 2 is an OTL. Interesting.

Apr 2, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #6,899 of 9,711
Status of my Atticus just changed from “Pending” to “Assembly and QC”

Sue me if I feel like a kid creeping up on Christmas

Fun. I just finished a 1 hr. session with my Atticus. A great headphone (with the right amp). You'll have to let us know how it sounds with your Mojo. My guess is that they will make good pairing.

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #6,900 of 9,711
My plan is to listen to them with the Mojo and see how I want to alter/color the sound, them pick an amp.

Lyr 3, Liquid Platinum, and Woo WA3 are all on my list (with others). Woo WA2 sounds amazing, but not sure I want to spend more on the amp than the cans.

And yea I asked Zach Valhalla vs Lyr and that was his response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back