ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Dec 17, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #5,041 of 9,714
I have an Atticus coming some time in the next couple weeks to pair with my Jot. I also have an Eikon which pairs nicely. I'll let you know about the Atticus once they arrive, though my guess is that the synergy will be good since the Atticus is warm enough to not be affected by the Jot's somewhat bright treble.

I have an Atticus coming some time in the next couple weeks to pair with my Jot. I also have an Eikon which pairs nicely. I'll let you know about the Atticus once they arrive, though my guess is that the synergy will be good since the Atticus is warm enough to not be affected by the Jot's somewhat bright treble.
Thanks. I've been researching for about a week now and these seem to be the ticket for the Jot.

Dec 17, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #5,043 of 9,714
Dec 17, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #5,044 of 9,714
I'm going to be selling my Padauk Atticus to make room for my 'Bolo's. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #5,047 of 9,714
May i ask how the AFC compare to your Atticus Jmac?
My AFCs remain sealed in their box until Christmas (considered a gift from my wife). I’m being patient and since I just received my Atticus a couple weeks ago, it’s a little easier

I’ll be able to compare in a couple weeks even though I plan to use the AFC more as a portable and work can.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #5,048 of 9,714
My AFCs remain sealed in their box until Christmas (considered a gift from my wife). I’m being patient and since I just received my Atticus a couple weeks ago, it’s a little easier

I’ll be able to compare in a couple weeks even though I plan to use the AFC more as a portable and work can.
Nice! Very cool of your wife. I'm trying pick me gift for myself from my girlfriend and its between the Aeons or the ZMF's.

Dec 18, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #5,049 of 9,714
May i ask how the AFC compare to your Atticus Jmac?

If you don’t mind me answering, they are two very different headphones. I got the Atticus after the AFC as a compliment and I'm very happy with my decision. I wouldn't be able to choose one or the other, they both are so good.

Dec 18, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #5,050 of 9,714
My pair of Atticus is sounding wonderful after about 25 hours and I know they will get even better.

Besides the very addicting bass, the mids are to die for!

Listening to the new Snowy White album and I feel so blessed to able to listen with these cans.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #5,053 of 9,714
For sure! Never mind the bass, the mids are the star of the show for me. These must have the best mids of any headphone I’ve heard, open closed, bar none.

Totally agree. Though I think Auteur is very close as they are pretty similar. It is interesting because Zach was telling me that when Eikon and Atticus first released nobody cared about Atticus. It is only recently that Atticus has blown up in popularity. I still like the Eikon as well, but the Atticus is more of a "special" headphone to me. It is not trying to be neutral, but it captures a certain magic of heavy but clean bass warmth and lush mids. Similar to how I hear pre-fazor LCD-2, but I think Atticus is manages to be more detailed and slams harder.

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #5,054 of 9,714
Totally agree. Though I think Auteur is very close as they are pretty similar. It is interesting because Zach was telling me that when Eikon and Atticus first released nobody cared about Atticus. It is only recently that Atticus has blown up in popularity. I still like the Eikon as well, but the Atticus is more of a "special" headphone to me. It is not trying to be neutral, but it captures a certain magic of heavy but clean bass warmth and lush mids. Similar to how I hear pre-fazor LCD-2, but I think Atticus is manages to be more detailed and slams harder.
I’ve never heard the pre-Fazor LCDs but was going to get the LCD-2C for that very reason (my preference is warm, bass-emphasized headphones). Then I changed tack and got the LCD-2F on a whim, and absolutely loved its big, precise, textured planar sound. And for contrast, got the Atticus from Zach. Now I believe I have the best of both worlds for my listening preferences. I even got the Atticus a Woo WA3 because even though it likes my Matrix SS amp, it just loves the OTL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back