ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Nov 19, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #4,816 of 9,733
The site says:
LIMITED TO 40 SETS
20 Sets will ship before 12.22.17

so I am hoping that I am in the first 20.
It would be great to know though.

Nov 19, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #4,817 of 9,733
The site says:
LIMITED TO 40 SETS
20 Sets will ship before 12.22.17

so I am hoping that I am in the first 20.

Damn! Never even noticed that...just checked the cocobolo A&E page, and there it is.

I really doubt I'm among the first 20--meaning no idea when I'll get my cocobolo Atticus.

(oh, well)

They say the capacity to postpone gratification is a sign of maturity. Maybe--maybe not!

Nov 19, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #4,818 of 9,733
Ordered the barnyard cherry Eikon last night.
Looking for something more detailed than the Z1R but still with a decent punch (I don't expect it to be at Z1R level but still decent) and fun.
I hope the Eikon will not disappoint :)
Just a question - if you’re looking for something more detailed but with similar punch to the Z1R why the Eikon and not the Atticus? I’ve ordered a barnyard cherry Atticus for the same reason (albeit switching from Fostex not Sony).

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #4,819 of 9,733
When I PMed Zach before ordering my cocobolo Atticus, he indicated that the wood was ready and they just needed to be made into headphones. He said they would ship in "a couple weeks or so", so hoping it's not a month from now!

Nov 19, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #4,820 of 9,733
I will be in the area of New York and Washington, D.C. from the 8th-18th of December. Is there any chance to listen to the ZMF headphones during that time period? Any known shops that offer listening sessions? Over here in Germany it is basically impossible to listen to these headphones, thus I had hope to sneak that into my trip to the US.

Nov 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,821 of 9,733
Just a question - if you’re looking for something more detailed but with similar punch to the Z1R why the Eikon and not the Atticus? I’ve ordered a barnyard cherry Atticus for the same reason (albeit switching from Fostex not Sony).

You did make me reconsider. After re-reading all the reviews, I did change my order.
Now I have someone to blame if I don't like them. jk :)
But I'll thank you

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #4,822 of 9,733
Hey all - everyone who ordered so far will get their headphone in december. I will update the page tonight but we have 4 Cocobolo sets left for december delivery and ten cherry sets. The numbers are not totally exact to the order page because of dealer orders. Regardless of where we're at with these two LTD runs ordering will close Dec 1st.

I'll update the website shortly.
When I PMed Zach before ordering my cocobolo Atticus, he indicated that the wood was ready and they just needed to be made into headphones. He said they would ship in "a couple weeks or so", so hoping it's not a month from now!

Yes! We are just about all sanded with every set and some are in production this week with shipping starting next week. =)

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 19, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #4,823 of 9,733
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #4,825 of 9,733
"Regardless of where we're at with these two LTD runs ordering will close Dec 1st."

And then you'll make me a Cocobolo Auter, hehe..
poke.gif
ubetcha.gif
axe.gif
chair.gif

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #4,827 of 9,733
Depends on budget - but since you are in Europe I would highly recommend the Forza Audio Works. For me the Claire works beautifully with the ZMF headphones.

Nov 20, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #4,829 of 9,733
Thanks! I've just ordered the Noir HPC Mk2. Really excited!

FYI, I have a 2M Noir HPC Mk2 cable (4-pin XLR) that I use for my Ori. It's an excellent cable! I'll most definitely try it w/the cocobolo Atticus when it arrives (also ordered ZMF's upgrade cable, the OFC -- can't have too many good cables!).

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #4,830 of 9,733
Hey all - everyone who ordered so far will get their headphone in december. I will update the page tonight but we have 4 Cocobolo sets left for december delivery and ten cherry sets. The numbers are not totally exact to the order page because of dealer orders. Regardless of where we're at with these two LTD runs ordering will close Dec 1st.

I'll update the website shortly.

Yes! We are just about all sanded with every set and some are in production this week with shipping starting next week. =)

Just ~1 month 'til my cocobolo Atticus arrives. I can handle the wait!

(sipping xanax smoothie)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back