ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Nov 2, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #4,682 of 9,720
No, the rods being looser have no real bearing in terms of fit. Once on your head they stay in place, it's just when you take them off. For fit purposes, you can always bend the the headband to tighten/loosen the clamp.

This exactly. If rods allowing cups to move and swivel freely were a problem then every Grado and Grado-mod owner in the world would be in trouble.

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #4,687 of 9,720
Nov 5, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #4,688 of 9,720
I tried to read the whole thread but a bit exhausting, so here is my question : how does the Atticus compare to the Nighthawk ?
I personnaly adore my Nighthawk, with all it's limitations and non neutral sound :wink:

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #4,691 of 9,720
I tried to read the whole thread but a bit exhausting, so here is my question : how does the Atticus compare to the Nighthawk ?
I personnaly adore my Nighthawk, with all it's limitations and non neutral sound :wink:

Did you search for the word Nighthawk in this thread? I got three pages of hits when I just searched.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #4,693 of 9,720
I haven’t had the pleasure of auditioning the Atticus yet, but since the Atticus is meant to have a similar - if more refined - sound signature to the Fostex TH-X00 (which I own) and I’ve had an extensive audition of the NightHawk, i can only offer my suggestion that you listen to the Atticus before buying. If it’s anything like the Fostex, it’s about as far from the NH as is possible: bigger, better bass, better detail, less veil, brighter and more lifelike highs. I was so looking forward to the NH and was so dissapointed when I finally heard it. Clearly YMMV!

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #4,694 of 9,720
but since the Atticus is meant to have a similar - if more refined - sound signature to the Fostex TH-X00
I don't know where you got that idea from.

When I owned the Atticus, it sounded vastly different from my EMU Teak and TH-X00. Polar opposites, really.

Since you haven't listened to the Atticus, perhaps giving advice on how it sounds is a bad idea, yeah?

I'll agree with one thing though. I highly advise people get a listen to it before they buy it. It is very unique.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #4,695 of 9,720
I don't know where you got that idea from.

When I owned the Atticus, it sounded vastly different from my EMU Teak and TH-X00. Polar opposites, really.

Since you haven't listened to the Atticus, perhaps giving advice on how it sounds is a bad idea, yeah?

I'll agree with one thing though. I highly advise people get a listen to it before they buy it. It is very unique.
Do you still keep the TH-X00 ? Good complement to the Atticus?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back