ATTENTION HE90 OWNERS: JMoney custom earpads/headband
Jul 31, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #61 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ID of this ring is 82mm, OD is 94mm.

Thanks for trying to help us.
Is it a circular piece? Or is it elliptic?
If it's elliptic, did you measure the major diameter or the minor diameter?

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #62 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoFreire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for trying to help us.
Is it a circular piece? Or is it elliptic?
If it's elliptic, did you measure the major diameter or the minor diameter?

It is circular.

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #63 of 222
Quote:

It is circular.

I'm afraid they're not from HE90 pads then.
The HE90 ones are elliptic.

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #64 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoFreire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm afraid they're not from HE90 pads then.
The HE90 ones are elliptic.

Were the HE60s round?

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #65 of 222
Quote:

Were the HE60s round?

I don't have the HE60 with me anymore, but I think they aren't round.
Elliptical and smaller than HE90, IIRC.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #66 of 222
what's the latest on this project? Is there enough people to secure the order? I would like to start prototyping soon but I want to make sure that this is a go before I do anything further.

thanks

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #67 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's the latest on this project? Is there enough people to secure the order? I would like to start prototyping soon but I want to make sure that this is a go before I do anything further.

thanks

As you can see, the number of sets won't be higher than 25, simply because there are no more HE90 owners in Head-Fi, beside those that are already in the list. I did everything I could.

I've contacted Tyll (Headroom), Todd (TTVJ), Jan (Meier Audio) and Drew (Moon Audio) to check their interest in stocking the parts. Jan and Drew have replied saying they are not interested. Tyll (who is on vacation now and will probably take a while to respond) and Todd are our last hope. If they don't help us, I'm afraid this is not going to happen.
frown.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #68 of 222
OK, just to keep you all informed.

There is a chance that Headroom will stock these parts for us. This is not confirmed yet.
Keep watching this thread for further news.

popcorn.gif

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #69 of 222
any possibility to create a HE60/HD650/HD600/HD580 leather pad run? Not sure if they would work on the non-electrostats but I'm sure we can get some together?

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #71 of 222
Hmmm. I just tried, but the HE60 pads are different from the HD650/600. Same size but different plastic part for the click-connection.

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #72 of 222
okay just to keep you guys in the loop. It is POSSIBLE that HeadRoom will be interested in carrying the extra. You will buy the pads directly from them so they need to be able to sell a bunch upfront.

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #74 of 222
Hi, everyone!

As Jeremy has stated above, HeadRoom is willing to 'help us' on this one.
This is the good part. The not-so-good one is in the quote below:

Quote:

However, in order to make this deal happen, i will need to "pre-sell" 40 sets of HE90 pads
to customers right off the bat -- and then we'll still have lots of HE90 in supply in our warehouse for future customers.... Do you think this is feasible for you and your Head-Fi HE90 group?

The HE90 JMoney pads 'pre-orders' would be accepted online at HeadRoom. Credit cards would not be charged until time of shipment.

Well, 40 is still a big number for us, but it's much more reasonable than the initial 50.
Unfortunately, I'm afraid there are no more members interested in this project beside those ones that are already in the list on the 2nd post.
This means that if we really want to make this happen, we will have to do it by ourselves.

We have commited to 26 sets so far. We are 18 and we need 14 more sets to reach the target of 40.
If 14 of us commit to one more set, we will be done. I know this is difficult, but it's completely possible. It's just a matter of collaboration and group effort.

I will make a second list, for those who would kindly collaborate and buy an extra set.
So, if you would commit to one more set (but only if other 13 people also do), please let me know.

Hugo

Sep 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #75 of 222
EXTRA SETS LIST (see the previous post)

Elephas (2)
HugoFreire (1)
struts (1)

NOTE: the numbers above have been added to the original list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back