ATTENTION HE90 OWNERS: JMoney custom earpads/headband
Jul 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #17 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone in that thread said the HE90 headband is leather and I've only heard of ths problem with the HE60.Are we sure these are made of vinyl?

Nope, definitely not leather and more of vinyl. I was quite disappointed that both my 1.5 years old pads & headband have begun sign of aging.

Quote:

I've just got a price estimate from Jeremy. The total for a set will be around $100-$120, depending on materials and construction time.

Is that the price for both earpads & headband? Heck, for that price I might as well double my order.

Jul 20, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #19 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that the price for both earpads & headband? Heck, for that price I might as well double my order.

Yes, this is the price for a full set. Please confirm if you want to double your order. Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #20 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I'm the only one,but I love the Senn pads and have experienced absolutely no flaking in the 4 years I've had them.

You are lucky then. I'm almost sure that this has something to do with temperature and humidity. And I'm also sure that this will eventually happen to everyone, sooner or later. I don't have a good camera here right now, but I will post pictures of the flaking vinyl soon.

Jul 20, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #21 of 222
Gary, is your pair from the 2005 batch?
If it is, it's about the same age as mine.
Mine only showed signs of cracking/flaking about two weeks ago. So, it's not hard to believe that yours is still OK.
The problem is that when it starts flaking, it flakes like crazy!
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #22 of 222
Please count me in, for 2 complete sets. Mine are mint, just replaced by Senn, and the old ones weren't bad either (these were dealer demo stock, so I wanted them replaced), but it seems like I will hit this problem like everyone else sooner or later.

Is is easy to change these? I am all thumbs.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #23 of 222
Thanks, wavoman. It's really easy to replace. For the earpads just pull to disasemble and push to assemble.
For the headband, you will need to remove one earcup and take 3 screws off from one of the headband sides in order to allow its pad to be removed/assembled.
It's not difficult to figure out how to do it, but I can make a little tutorial with pictures.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #24 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoFreire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can make a little tutorial with pictures.

Thanks! That would be a world-class sticky!

BTW, Senn charges about $300 for the parts, labor, and shipping if you do this by sending them your phones. And who wants to risk shipping these anyway? (I drove mine there, but not everyone can do that).

Jul 20, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #29 of 222
Thank you, everyone.
If you guys with only one set on order want to double it, you will be very welcome
tongue.gif

Seriously, I don't think this will ever happen again. This is a unique chance.

Jul 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #30 of 222
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only it'll fit the HE60s.... they do look great.

Was wondering this myself. Is the HE90 not the same size as the HE60/600/650? I would want a pair if it is
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back