Attempting to burn in my ultrasone HFI-450s with pink noise.
May 31, 2012 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JayNetTech5

100+ Head-Fier
Will this work? i have it on my ipod touch running pink noise on an app. How long does this process take? I have it at a comfortable volume. Will it damage the headphones by any chance? its not very loud, it's at medium kinda. I am afraid the drivers are gonna get tired after a while. In addition, I have been listening to these since may 16th, so the process should be shorter since I started doing it after listening to them.

May 31, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 7
Well, we (I) don't even know if burn-in is real, so my advice to you is: Just listen to the music you like while you're burning them in. 

May 31, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Well, we (I) don't even know if burn-in is real, so my advice to you is: Just listen to the music you like while you're burning them in. 

I personally think it's real, because you'd think that something new is stiff when you first get it. I know speakers work differently than say shoes or whatever, but I think that is something that's audible.

May 31, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

+1. I've never had a headphone change its character from being burned in. Ever since the first few, I've just played my music through them and enjoyed them while 'burning in'. Just my experiences though.

May 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
+1. I've never had a headphone change its character from being burned in. Ever since the first few, I've just played my music through them and enjoyed them while 'burning in'. Just my experiences though.

Maybe it depends on the headphone? Every phone is made differently, thus having drivers flexible or stiff from the beginning when first using them? Or how they manufactured it maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back