Attack of the Clones- anyone seen it?
May 15, 2002 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 53
I saw it on Saturday at a Fox screening here in LA.
The movie is much better than Episode I, which does not say much, I know!
The special effects are outstanding, there is an attempt at better character development, althought the dialogue is very poor at times. Jar Jar makes only 2 or 3 very short cameo appearances, thank God.
However, seeing Yoda fighting with a light sabre is worth it alone....enjoy!

May 15, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 53
Just came back from watching it.

It was...er....good.

Well, at least better than the first one. It also makes the first one look better.

At least now I know how the Empire got its beginning. Talk about manipulation.

May 15, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 53
Boww, wow wow wow...ruff ruff ruff....
eek.gif

http://www2.observer.com/observer/onthetown.asp

May 15, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by tktran
Issit good?

Only "You" as an individual who thinks for themselves can really answer that question.

As with all movies and music; Some will like it and some will not.

I haven't seen it yet, but I am a Star Wars fan and am looking foward to seeing it.

May 15, 2002 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Roger Ebert gave it 2 stars.

USA Today gave it 3 1/2 stars. I have not seen it, but it is starting to look like this movie is going to generate the same Love/Hate fan base as the HD600 headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #8 of 53
Hoping to see it in one of the digital theaters here in LA. It will probably be a couple weeks before the lines die down at the few theaters that can project in digital. But I'm nit sure if the plot is gonna be so good so I might as well see the special effects in their best setting.

May 16, 2002 at 7:23 AM Post #11 of 53
I've read numerous reviews of Ep. II but this one takes the cake.

My favorite line is: "Attack of the Clones is a golden calf, worshiped not out of primitive fear but populist groupthink."

That about sums up my own feelings on the whole Star Wars phenomena since the release of Ep. I. How many of us would go and see this movie, given the decidedly mixed reviews, if it wasn't a Star Wars movie? We're giving George Lucas the right to print money and make bad movies.

May 16, 2002 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 53
Thanks everyone for the links to reviews but the question was has anyone SEEN it? Well? I haven't but I keep reading this tread for some opinions of people who weren't paid to see the movie.

May 16, 2002 at 9:26 AM Post #13 of 53
As of the time of your last post, the movie had only been in release for about 4 hours. Do you expect everyone on the east coast to immediately flood the boards with reviews? Most of them are looking to sleep a while before going to work.

Be patient.

May 16, 2002 at 10:04 PM Post #14 of 53
I went and saw it at 3:00 a.m. this morning. I would have to say that it was a lot better than Episode 1. There was a lot more action and a lot less Jar Jar. There is no question that I will be buying this movie, though there were a few moments that were somewhat strange with sub par acting. Overall it was a great movie with some minor plot twists and suprises. Plus you get to see the new Bond and Matrix trailers.

May 17, 2002 at 1:29 AM Post #15 of 53
Oh yeah, it IS good. Lots of new environments, lots of characters, and even more than in the last one, every object done in incredible detail. Pacing is better than in the last one and it's much more balanced, also shorter (2 hours 10 minutes by my watch). While I don't think they managed to surpass lightsaber battle from the last movie, overall action was much more diverse and epic. It's just incredible how he makes scenes lasting 10 seconds that would wipe out the special effects budget for most other movies.

Yeah, the dialogue sucks. Anyone knows that by now. And characters are caricatures. People who (still) bash him for dialogue should get a life and go read a good book. What Lucas does know how to do is create an atmospehere, create a very believable world, or five of them in this case. You need to use your imagination to fill in the characters and the rest where he is not so good. And most of us definitely need an escape from this world, more so as years pass. Lucas does that for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back