Atrios thread original question deleted--please ignore
Jan 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 8
Burning them may help a bit, but compared to bass the mids and highs on these are recessed, that's a fact. I'm afraid with the weak iPod EQ you might not be able to correct this, maybe you have another source with better EQ?

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #4 of 8
Sorry to be off topic, Zalithian, I noticed you owned an Imaged X5.. what do you think of them. At the beginning of this thread the OP said the X10 was to his liking. I'm wondering why so many people choose the X10 over the X5 considering the former costs more. The size difference is minimal, and sq wise I find the X5s to be better.

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #5 of 8
I believe all the good comments for the Atrios were "great bass earphones, that don't muddy up the other frequencies", weren't they? I'm not sure I'm seeing the problem here other than "Oh that bass".

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to be off topic, Zalithian, I noticed you owned an Imaged X5.. what do you think of them. At the beginning of this thread the OP said the X10 was to his liking. I'm wondering why so many people choose the X10 over the X5 considering the former costs more. The size difference is minimal, and sq wise I find the X5s to be better.

The people who prefer the X10 probably prefer the stronger bass response. As we have seen, people do like bass. The people who value a more neutral presentation are the ones more likely to prefer the X5. In the grand scheme of things, cost is not as big an issue to audiophiles as SQ -- the kind of SQ they like. So if a person likes his bass, he will choose the X10 over the X5 anyday even if it costs twice as much.

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The people who prefer the X10 probably prefer the stronger bass response. As we have seen, people do like bass. The people who value a more neutral presentation are the ones more likely to prefer the X5. In the grand scheme of things, cost is not as big an issue to audiophiles as SQ -- the kind of SQ they like. So if a person likes his bass, he will choose the X10 over the X5 anyday even if it costs twice as much.

Granted, people like bass, yet many complain the X10s lack upper extension and detail. The X5s with a good fit gets pretty damn good extension, and are def. not bass shy. It's just a shame that many reviews and impressions of the high-end "Image" line do not give due diligence to the X5s as well.

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #8 of 8
Atrio is one of very few that must be burnt-in before any serious use, so give it at least 50 to 100 hours or else all you'll hear is a very muddy sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back