Atrio X
Mar 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Bazirker

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know what this is all about?

http://www.atrio.me/categories/atrioX%C2%AE/

My guess is a cheaper version of the Atrios.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #2 of 51
Nothing at all seems like a company trying to gain profit off the newness of a product. 

Hmmmm, this makes me wonder that link you linked me didn't have a lock -security wise- on it. 

Be careful where you order from.

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #3 of 51
Indeed, I haven't tried to order them yet.  Note that these "Atrio X" phones are different from just Atrios, which are also represented on their site along with other FS products.

Mar 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 51
That site is flagged as dangerous by my Internet Security suite Webroot and has scripts that are blocked by webroot as well. It is actually the site used by takitngo.com which is which also does not have https (I sent a question to them and they said they were secure but how would one know??). So I avoided dealing with either one.

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 51
I was curious and have investigated a little bit...Atrio.me at least uses https at checkout.  I emailed Future Sonics; let's see what they have to say.  If they aren't a legit site, they're an awfully good imitation that FS will surely want to know about.

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 51
I actually bought from these guys at atrio.me. i also emailed them and got a pretty quick reply. they say they are the consumer division of futuresonics, they told me to feel free to contact futuresonics directly if I was still unsure. i love my atrios!! don't know anything about atrioX though?

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #8 of 51
That's comforting to hear.  I emailed Future Sonics this weekend and still haven't heard back.  I ended up ordering a pair of Atrios via them this weekend using a $100 off coupon, and they say they shipped them earlier today.  The actual checkout process was all through https and Vitasound audio, which I looked into and seems legit.

Mar 20, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #9 of 51
May 1, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #10 of 51
May 1, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #11 of 51

Quote:
Time to revive this thread, as Atrio X's are popping up elsewhere at retailers who are, without doubt, legitimate:

http://www.jr.com/future-sonics/pe/FS_ATRIOXMG5BLK/?JRSource=linkshare&SiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-2tTiAEhURCcprIAp3*ReBA#productTabDetails

They look to be the old Mg5 driver.

A nice way for FS to sell overstock of the old-generation driver for a cheaper price and with a different color scheme to differentiate from the new MG7 driver Atrios.

May 1, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #12 of 51
How old is the MG5 driver?  The current (MG7) drivers in the Atrios are what I believe to be the 3rd generation of Atrio drivers...therefore would the MG5's be the originals?  That'd make them several years old...

May 1, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #13 of 51
Here is some long history about the Atrio series, though it doesn't start as Atrio but XtremeMac FS1, an OEM model predated the Atrio for half a year (announced late 2005, released early 2006) with the MG5 driver. Atrio was announced in mid 2006 and released a few months later, with the MG5pro driver. FS1 slowly fainted away at around 2007. Then  FS announced the Atrio reversion 2 at early 2008 (released later the year) with the same MG5pro driver, making change mostly to the cable and claiming a sightly better extension. The current Atrio MG7 was announced exactly a year ago, and hit the market for only a few months..

Now the question is, do Atrio X comes with the same MG5 driver from FS1, or maybe it is a misquote and it is indeed the MG5pro from Atrio / rev2?

May 1, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #14 of 51

Quote:
Here is some long history about the Atrio series, though it doesn't start as Atrio but XtremeMac FS1, an OEM model predated the Atrio for half a year (announced late 2005, released early 2006) with the MG5 driver. Atrio was announced in mid 2006 and released a few months later, with the MG5pro driver. FS1 slowly fainted away at around 2007. Then  FS announced the Atrio reversion 2 at early 2008 (released later the year) with the same MG5pro driver, making change mostly to the cable and claiming a sightly better extension. The current Atrio MG7 was announced exactly a year ago, and hit the market for only a few months..

Now the question is, do Atrio X comes with the same MG5 driver from FS1, or maybe it is a misquote and it is indeed the MG5pro from Atrio / rev2?

VERY interesting, thanks for that.

I owned both the original Atrios and the rev2 (and happen to have MG7's in my ears at present), and while the most obvious change was the removal of the memory wires, I do recall a slight difference in sound (albeit much less of a change than between the rev2 and the MG7's).  Do you know what they did to change the sound if they kept the same driver and had no external differences in the housing?

May 1, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #15 of 51

Quote:

Do you know what they did to change the sound if they kept the same driver and had no external differences in the housing?

No idea, but there are a few things that can be done to tune the sound, such as changing the internal wall finishing, angle or distance, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back