Atrio M5 With MG7 Driver[REVIEW]
May 19, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #17 of 26
I'm one that feels the soundstage is average but when I pair it with my little FiiO E6 it adds a nice bit of width and depth and gives them an over all larger feel.  They still aren't huge or anything but it makes them much more cohesive and full.

May 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #18 of 26
I don't think they're as narrow as most say and if you have a decent amp they open up nicely.  Also the bi flange tips they come with gives them a bigger soundstage than with the foam, I think the size of the opening in tips has something to do with it as well.  On my R-50's when I use the Atrio bi flange tips they increase the soundstage on thoughs to which is really good because there's is already above average.  

I never was one that thought tips made that much of a difference you get a good seal and they sound good but after using the bi flange and actually hearing a difference I'm now a believer.

May 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #19 of 26
Good call on the MG7/IE8 comparison. The bass certainly felt better on the MG7 to me, which is the selling point of both iems. If only the same thing could be said about the MG7's build quality (my MG7s and the previous gen M5 loved to fail on me, and FS loves to send me dodgy, non functional replacements but that's a different story).

Just shows how overpriced the IE8/IE80 is, save for the awesome build quality.

May 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #20 of 26
Great review, sir.

I've been back and forth on if I should get these... I already have a TF10 and HJE900 (might even have a GR07 on the way). Getting back into the IEM game sure does put the hurt on ones wallet haha

May 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:
Good call on the MG7/IE8 comparison. The bass certainly felt better on the MG7 to me, which is the selling point of both iems. If only the same thing could be said about the MG7's build quality (my MG7s and the previous gen M5 loved to fail on me, and FS loves to send me dodgy, non functional replacements but that's a different story).

Just shows how overpriced the IE8/IE80 is, save for the awesome build quality.

Man... I would remold the M5 any day of the week haha.

May 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #22 of 26
can't believe they discontinued these. Perhaps their next model won't be ugly as heck! 
deadhorse.gif

May 5, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #23 of 26
Bad job outta them, lol. Real smooth, the whole one product flowing into another thing they did there.
rolleyes.gif
No new product or info for months and months. Almost more tempted to believe the reports/rumors they weren't gonna make any more universals at this point than a new product is coming.

May 5, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #25 of 26
You can still buy the Atrio directly from Future Sonics as they have a reserve for their pro-customers, etc. But, yes, it's discontinued otherwise.

Yes, I spoke to FS and I can confirm that Future Sonics is in the process of designing a new universal iem. I can't say any more than that (other than it'll be a while, they are very deliberate as things have to not only sound great, but also be reliable). I for one am very interested in what they will come up with!

May 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #26 of 26
  You can still buy the Atrio directly from Future Sonics as they have a reserve for their pro-customers, etc. But, yes, it's discontinued otherwise.

Yes, Future Sonics is in the process of designing a new universal iem. I can't say any more than that (other than it'll be a while, they are very deliberate as things have to not only sound great, but also be reliable). I for one am very interested in what they will come up with!

Preach!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back