Atoms For Peace - AMOK
Feb 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

LugBug1

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone heard this yet? 

It's very good and better than the last Radiohead effort. Typical Yorke songs and great production. But as always with Thom, you'll either love it.. or not. 

Atoms For Peace is an experimental rock & electronic supergroup formed in late 2009 in Los Angeles, California. The group consists of Radiohead lead singer Thom Yorke (vocals, guitar and piano), Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea (bass), longtime Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich (keyboards, synths), Joey Waronker of Beck & R.E.M. (drums) and Brazilian instrumentalist Mauro Refosco (percussion). Their debut album, Amok, became available for streaming on February 18th, 2013 and will be released on February 25th, 2013.

Thom Yorke... 
Or is it Bjorn Borg?

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 11
Ingenue, Love the album
beerchug.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 11
Just tuned in, love it!
Atmospheric as always :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #5 of 11
It's instant, yet grows more and more on you. Thom makes great chilling music, its always comforting and feel good.

I'm playing it to death, love it!

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #8 of 11
The album was very solid, and most of the tracks were great, but seeing them live is just infinitely better than the album. I haven't been this surprised by the difference in a long time. They are tearing it up out there!
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #10 of 11
  I personally didn't care much for it.  But Pablo Honey is my favorite Radiohead album so take it with a grain of salt.

Yep. That group started taking a departure from alt. rock with OK Computer (some might argue The Bends). That is when I started getting more and more into radiohead, but others went the other way and I understand that. They changed their style, and that alienated some and drew in others. Atoms is doing something a bit different in that the music is changing fairly dramatically as they go along, but it's still in the rock/ambient/electronic hybrid vein. They are living up to their "experimental" description, and it's just getting better and better as they tour, imo. 

They need to release a live album sometime after they finish up in Asia. I'd snatch that disc up in about .001 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back