Atlanta Mini-Meet w/ Pics!
Aug 28, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
Gahhh!! I wish I knew about this meet!! Looks really awesome guys, top notch! We need to have an ubermeet soon with all this plus the other ATL and Athens folks. I have some serious headphone envy right now with the R10's and SDS-XLR and all. Great job guys!

Aditya

x2!!!

I love the look of so many uebercans just laying piled up together on the floor.

Aug 28, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
x2!!!

I love the look of so many uebercans just laying piled up together on the floor.

x3

Looked like a great meet. And a wallet-bashing one at that
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #33 of 36
Looks like a great time in Hotlanta! Shoot, I'm a little over 2 hours away. How 'bout an invite next time the Ga crowd gathers?

So Mikhail came, too? Really sorry I missed that. It would be nice if I could have met the man who has all my money!

Nice pics guys. I'm envious.

Sep 1, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #34 of 36
Tom's a great guy…a true audiophile. Thanks a bunch for having me over (and to the generous person lending R10s). The meet was pretty spontaneous but what great gear! Tom’s Thiel cs7.2s were great for rock, and the bass was surprisingly good in his small room. The highs were a bit too warm for me, but a ribbon & ESL guy shouldn’t really comment.

Headphones

Qualia
Weird and unique. With Mike’s rock music, they were quite excellent. They took Rock into a new dimension. The speed and “weird” frequency response added a nice flavor. With Classical, tonality was off and became a big distraction. Soundstage, speed, imaging, etc were all great on classical except the fact a violin didn’t sound like a violin. It might work for others or after getting accustomed to the tone.

The construction on the Qualia is an engineer’s dream. All space age materials with a real carbon fiber band and crazy cushioning system.

JVC
Comfortable and well rounded. The sound was pleasant and balanced. Imaging and soundstage seemed lacking. It sounded like an under-damped housing.

R10
Awesome midrange and bass with killer highs. First thing I noticed after putting these babies on was the tremendous treble energy piercing my eardrums. It was unbearable at times. I heard a section on Patricia Barber’s CD that was more lispy than the K1000 (abet a smoother lisp…if that’s possible). However, I’ve been listening to the dark Omega 2s for a while. After getting accustomed to other brighter cans, the R10 treble sounded less striking. Mids and bass sound wonderful, smooth and musical. Soundstage and instrument separation are incredible with Classical. I love its musicality, but still hesitate with the volume in fear of its killer highs.

Sep 7, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #36 of 36
It's very nice. I got to compare it to the Meridian and prefer its more powerful and dynamic sound. The Meridian is a hair smoother in the upper midrange. The Droplet has more midbass punch, and deeper bass. Compared to the Kern modified Sony (redbook) player, I think it is a little less refined, but still more powerful sounding. The sony sacd section is the best of the group. The soundstage of the Droplet is bigger and deeper than than either player through speakers.(sony, meridian) All in all a very good player. I still miss my Audio Aero though, and will sell the Droplet since my trade fell through. I'm open to trades or will cut a good deal if anyone is interested. To tell the truth...I can live without digital at all.
My girlfriend cant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back