Atlanta Meet Marriott Century Center April 25th
Mar 27, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #46 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the more reason.

Maybe so.

As has become quasi-tradition, I'll be bringing a box of free CDs for anyone to pick through. The box doesn't go back with me, so if there's still stuff left anybody is welcome to take the whole thing at the end of the meet. Lots of death metal this time, so if there are any fans of that genre present they'll be in luck, but there'll also be random other stuff in it such as a Dream Theater album I already had, and a couple soundtracks from the Ghost in the Shell tv series (great stuff, I have the complete cd boxset now so I don't need the individual albums).

Mar 28, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #47 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn dude, been three years since I seen you. You better come.
tongue.gif

I'm gonna try to make it, I just can't really predict how things will turn out. You wouldn't want me to come if I'm in a foul mood from all the things going on right now.

Same here, it will be nice to hang out again. I will do my best to make it but lately I have to work on weekends so it is not a 100%

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #48 of 139
Sweet, I checked before it actually happened this time. I'll definitely be coming, but I cant come until after like 3pm, so I hope there are still some people around. I just sold my ATH A900LTD's so if anyone has something for sale around $300, bring it
biggrin.gif

I see there is a mini-elevator in the room, I hope the rest is semi accessible. The smell steps down to the front should be a fun bumpy ride though.

Mar 30, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #50 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by cybertron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet, I checked before it actually happened this time. I'll definitely be coming, but I cant come until after like 3pm, so I hope there are still some people around. I just sold my ATH A900LTD's so if anyone has something for sale around $300, bring it
biggrin.gif

I see there is a mini-elevator in the room, I hope the rest is semi accessible. The smell steps down to the front should be a fun bumpy ride though.

JOSH! You know... The first and only Head-Fi meet I ever went to was at your apartment. You still in the same place? Look forward to seeing you at the meet.

Jeff

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #51 of 139
Quote:

biggrin.gif

I will personally assist you in any way you need, and will double check the accessibility.

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #52 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by CompressionalFlagellation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are they cooking, roast stairs?

*rim shot*

[IMG.]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/paparazzi_pete/startrek.gif[/IMG]

haha, the A and E arent even hit with the same finger, what was I doing! lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JOSH! You know... The first and only Head-Fi meet I ever went to was at your apartment. You still in the same place? Look forward to seeing you at the meet.

Jeff

Jeff!! hehe, hey man, long time no see. I actually moved to some apartments @ the lindbergh marta station, so a trip to school takes all of 15 minutes now (GSU). Look forward to seeing ya too, what time frame you think you'll be there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will personally assist you in any way you need, and will double check the accessibility.

Trav, thanks man.. appreciate it. I'm sure it will be fine, I'm chill. Not one of those crazy cripples that flies off the handle when something isn't perfectly accessible lol.

Mar 31, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #53 of 139
Quote:

haha, the A and E arent even hit with the same finger, what was I doing! lol.

Jeff!! hehe, hey man, long time no see. I actually moved to some apartments @ the lindbergh marta station, so a trip to school takes all of 15 minutes now (GSU). Look forward to seeing ya too, what time frame you think you'll be there?

Trav, thanks man.. appreciate it. I'm sure it will be fine, I'm chill. Not one of those crazy cripples that flies off the handle when something isn't perfectly accessible lol.

Calm seas never made for a skilled sailor.......S~!

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #54 of 139
Quote:

Probably the better part of the day. Gonna bring my wife. We live off of the Clairmont Rd exit.

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #55 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I can make it, this is what I'll bring:

AKG K240 Sextett
AKG K1000
AKG K400

Total Eclipse (Custom DIY amp)
Bada PH-12 (Heavily modded, essentially a different amp)

Audio Alchemy DDS 3
Audio Alchemy DTI 2
Audio Alchemy DDE 3
Squeezebox 3

I did some further changes to the Bada after getting back from the NC meet, so it sounds even better than it did then.

In addition to this, I also just scored a good deal on the AKG Hearo 999 Audiosphere Digital Processor, which is essentially a tricked out crossfeed filter. Should be a fun toy to play with.

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #56 of 139
Hey, guys. I am new to Head-Fi and live in Gwinnett. I'm just making my first forays into higher-end audio and am very curious about headphones and amps. Is this meeting open to friendly newbies who just have questions and a genuine interest? Also, is there a cost?

Apr 2, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #57 of 139
Feel free to come Sleepwalker. No fees involved. IMO a meet would be a great place to start.

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #59 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't wait. I'm bringing everything in my signature. The venue looks awesome.

Is the venue free? Do we need to chip in?

Cool. Looking forward to having a listen to that Monarchy dac. I just sent a payment in for the Pico dac. That should get my feet wet
icon10.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #60 of 139
Cipher I'm very interested in hearing your AD 700's I must say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back