Atlanta Headphone Meet - Sunday, May 7, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #16 of 52
So I'll be bringing the Sony WM1Z dap and an HD800s terminated in balanced 4.4mm to go with the player and also a Campfire Vega. Probably my RS2e as well.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #19 of 52
Hey! The meet is still on and we need to get an idea of how many we should plan for. So far I have not heard from any local dealers about attending so this could just be hobbyists. I am sure that Purk has a handle on what's going on and I will be in touch with him shortly!

Confirm on this website and I'll get a count from it!

John

John Morrison, President, Founding Member
Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 
Direct: 770-330-3919
Fax: 1-866-891-3690
mailto:jhm3@bellsouth.net
http://www.a-vcoa.org

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #21 of 52
Great question! We have all of our meetings on Sunday afternoons as most of our members work here in Atlanta. Those folks normally use Saturday as their "get my errands taken care of day". We get much better turnouts for club meetings on Sunday afternoons. This is our May club meeting. When we set this date up we weren't thinking of those wanting to travel to the meet. Is there any way we can help make this work for you?

John

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #22 of 52
  Great question! We have all of our meetings on Sunday afternoons as most of our members work here in Atlanta. Those folks normally use Saturday as their "get my errands taken care of day". We get much better turnouts for club meetings on Sunday afternoons. This is our May club meeting. When we set this date up we weren't thinking of those wanting to travel to the meet. Is there any way we can help make this work for you?

John

I can see what I can do.. but Monday is usually a pretty productive day for me for my work so I would prefer not to miss. I guess what I can do is drive back to Nashville right after the meet (around 5pm your time). It is only about 4 hour drive so not too too bad. It may deter some of my friends who live even further from coming. If I could suggest next time if you plan to advertise and organize through these forums and encourage others outside of your AV club to come then I think it would make more sense to host it on a Saturday as that makes it much easier for us people living in other states.

I hope I can make it but I don't want to make any promises just yet. I know it is gonna be great though and I would love to show you guys the WM1Z if there isn't going to be one there!

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #23 of 52

I can see what I can do.. but Monday is usually a pretty productive day for me for my work so I would prefer not to miss. I guess what I can do is drive back to Nashville right after the meet (around 5pm your time). It is only about 4 hour drive so not too too bad. It may deter some of my friends who live even further from coming. If I could suggest next time if you plan to advertise and organize through these forums and encourage others outside of your AV club to come then I think it would make more sense to host it on a Saturday as that makes it much easier for us people living in other states.

I hope I can make it but I don't want to make any promises just yet. I know it is gonna be great though and I would love to show you guys the WM1Z if there isn't going to be one there!

Thanks for the suggestion. I will make sure we consider it for next year! We really would like to make it easier for folks outside the Atlanta area to attend. With any luck, next year will bring CanLanta 2018 instead of this smaller meet and it will be on a Saturday and Sunday. BTW, I know that drive well as I used to live in Franklin, TN. It can be a bear at times!

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #24 of 52
basshead.gif
Anyone plan on bringing the Focal Utopia?

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #25 of 52
  Hey! The meet is still on and we need to get an idea of how many we should plan for. So far I have not heard from any local dealers about attending so this could just be hobbyists. I am sure that Purk has a handle on what's going on and I will be in touch with him shortly!

Confirm on this website and I'll get a count from it!

It sounds like both Tomb/Beezar and I will be there, so not 100% hobbyists (not that there is anything wrong with that) :)

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #27 of 52

It sounds like both Tomb/Beezar and I will be there, so not 100% hobbyists (not that there is anything wrong with that) :)

Sorry liamstrain. Knew you were industry but don't know if you received any of the emails I sent to industry and local dealers. That's who I was referring to. We would love to have any and all dealers in the area and outside attend. Looking forward to meeting you (if I haven't already and just don't know it!)

John

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #28 of 52
[COLOR=272A34]Hey! The meet is still on and we need to get an idea of how many we should plan for. So far I have not heard from any local dealers about attending so this could just be hobbyists. I am sure that Purk has a handle on what's going on and I will be in touch with him shortly![/COLOR]

[COLOR=272A34]Confirm on this website and I'll get a count from it![/COLOR]

[COLOR=272A34]John[/COLOR]

[COLOR=272A34]John Morrison, President, Founding Member

Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 

Direct: 770-330-3919

Fax: 1-866-891-3690

mailto:jhm3@bellsouth.net
[COLOR=3C6994]http://www.a-vcoa.org[/COLOR][/COLOR]

I see the event info on the site, but I don't see a way to confirm plans to attend. Am I overlooking it?

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #29 of 52
I see the event info on the site, but I don't see a way to confirm plans to attend. Am I overlooking it?

Great question. Don't have any "official" way to do it. I am just waiting for everyone to confirm by saying they are coming on this and other headphone websites. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back