Atlanta Headphone Meet - Sunday, May 7, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #33 of 52
I've got a Vali 2 that I'd love a chance to hear with some different tubes in it. I'd be happy to bring the Vali if anyone else has some tubes they wouldn't mind trying in it.

What tubes are we talking about?

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #34 of 52
What tubes are we talking about?

I have exactly zero experience in tube rolling, but here is what Schiit says will work:
"Vali 2 is supplied with a single NOS 6BZ7 tube, which can be swapped for the same tubes we use in Lyr 2 and Mjolnir 2—feel free to use virtually any ECC88, 6922, 6DJ8, 2492, etc to “roll” the sound to your own preference. Plus, you only need a single tube, so rolling is easy and more affordable!"

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #35 of 52
I have exactly zero experience in tube rolling, but here is what Schiit says will work:
"Vali 2 is supplied with a single NOS 6BZ7 tube, which can be swapped for the same tubes we use in Lyr 2 and Mjolnir 2—feel free to use virtually any ECC88, 6922, 6DJ8, 2492, etc to “roll” the sound to your own preference. Plus, you only need a single tube, so rolling is easy and more affordable!"

Let me see what we can do. These are relatively common tubes and I may be able to help with a tube roll!

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #36 of 52
I will attend as always.  :)  Will bring my spectacular sounding ECP L3 and some electrostatics goodies.  If you have the HD-800, you will want to plug it in to this amp.

My good pal, Arthur Powers, will send some fancy gears as usual.  He is planning to send a new $1699 Matrix X-Sabre Pro DSD DAC.  Can't wait!

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #40 of 52
The Matrix X-Sabre Pro is a real treat! Thanks Matrix Audio & Arthur Power again for making this happen. I'm not sure which do I like better between the X-Sabre Pro and my Yggy. Probably a Yggy by a hair.

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #41 of 52
I need a quick opinion. The Dunwoody North Driving Club (DNDC) has a number of round tables capable of seating 8-10 people in a banquet type situation. I had planned on renting a number of 6 foot by 30 inch rectangular tables for this event. However, some of us are thinking that the round tables would work. Does anyone have any experience in using these tables for a headphone meet? Do you have an opinion about using them? They are large and as many as two to three exhibitors might share one to show off their system. And, we have enough that we think the 5 or so vendors will be able to have one maybe two tables if necessary. Let me know your thoughts on this ASAP. If we can use the round tables, it will save us some money and aggravation!

John

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #42 of 52
I prefer a rectangular setup more. In fact, I don't recall seeing any of the headfi meet with a round table configuration before. I guess a round table could also work if it isn't too small.

May 1, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #43 of 52
These are supposed to be large enough for 6-8 people in a dinner setting. On another board I got a reply that these can work well as people will "travel around the table to sample gear". At this point, we may need to use what's there and rent some others also. The rentals will be 6x30 tables.

May 1, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #44 of 52
May 3, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #45 of 52
I will be there for my first meet. I'll bring what I have collected so far. Hifiman HE-350, HE-400, HE-400i, Monoprice monolith 1060, and a Sony MDR Z7 that I should have in from Amazon by friday. I'm looking for amping options since right now all I have is a Micca Origen+.
As a first timer would it be sensible to bring my laptop with my music loaded on it for a frame of reference for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back