Atlanta - AAC (old A-VCOA) Meet on Sunday, May 6th 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2018 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

jhm3

100+ Head-Fier
We may have changed the club name to the Atlanta Audio Club, but our commitment to support Southeastern region headphone enthusiasts is still the same. While we can't do another CanLanta event, we will do a meet at the Dunwoody Driving Club where we met last year. Same location, same time... 12N to 5PM. As usual we'll provide space, tables, power, and refreshments!

We invite all who have participated in the past to show us your latest and greatest whether you're from the industry or an enthusiast. We'll find room for everyone to show off your "stuff". If you didn't make it last year, here's another chance!! This meet is open to all, and everyone is welcome, from beginners to crusty old veterans of the headphone wars! There will be something of interest for everyone. Keep watching this forum to see who plans on being here!

John

John Morrison, President, Founding Member
Atlanta Audio Club
Direct: 770-330-3919
Fax: 1-866-891-3690

mailto:jhm3@bellsouth.net
http://www.atlantaaudioclub.org

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 41
Count me in, bringing the same old gear I've had since the beginning. hd598s and a FiiO e07k/e09k combo. Maybe next year I'll have some Stax to show for myself lol. Looking forward to meeting everybody because I missed the last meeting unfortunately.

Mar 20, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 41
Schiit Audio will be partnering with us to sponsor the May headphone meet! They will be providing some of the funding and some of their current production equipment as well as several items that will be new to the market. The new equipment will not have been introduced in any venue yet. This will be its “sort-of” introduction! Grover Neville of Schiit Audio will be providing us an equipment list as soon as he is able. I will make sure the equipment listings get on this website as soon as I have them. There will be an initial list, which will be added to once Schiit Audio releases the new equipment they will be demonstrating. Grover will be in attendance as Schiit Audio’s representative and will be able to answer any of your questions about the equipment.

In addition, Grover will also be contacting other manufacturers that Schiit Audio partners with and asking them to provide equipment also. He specifically mentioned Audeze!

Looks like this meet may be a bit bigger than we initially expected! If you're planning on attending let us know on this forum so that we can get an approximate headcount!

Remember that we will have both industry and enthusiast exhibitors. Let us know if you plan to exhibit!!

John

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #7 of 41
I'd also like to attend as well! Need to get confirmation on the time off as well as a hotel stay, but if/when all is finalized I'll have a list of gear as well!

Got to met with @ThePianoMan man up in TN so I can confirm that you guys are in for a treat! His schiit table was pretty cool, the and the Rep from Audeze partnered then as well

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 41
Hey folks, I promised we'd publish a list of the Schiit Audio Gear that Grover will be bringing. At this time here's what he's telling me!

We'll have the new Multibit card Lyr and Jotunheim, a loki/magni 3/modi stack, Valhalla and Bifrost Multibit. I think I've got a Raggy and Yggy lined up, but I'll hold off on promising that until I know for sure. May be one or two other assorted small things. Audeze will be there too.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #9 of 41
Also heard from Evan Grimm with Audeze, and he will be coming with a whole gaggle of their products;

LCD-2 (may be bringing something else in place of this)
LCD-3 (may be bringing something else in place of this)
LCD-X
LCD-XC
LCD-4
LCD4-Z (this one may replace one of the LCD-2’s or LCD-3’s)
LCD-MX4
iSINE10
iSINE20
LCDi4

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #10 of 41
Thanks John for working hard! Arthur Power of Matrix & Violetric will also be sending his gears as usual. I don't have a gear list from him yet.

I will bring some of my own gears for sure.

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #11 of 41
I should be able to make it. I've got a couple of new things to share. lyr 3 from Schiit. And the Sonett 2 from Donald North Audio.

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #12 of 41
Doug and I have a lot of plans for ECP/Beezar, but not a lot ready in time for this meet. If things work out, we should have the production prototype for the T4 headphone amplifier ready for the show. Source will be an ECP Walnut DAC, headphones are HD800, TH-X00, and some others.

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #13 of 41
I should be able to make it. I've got a couple of new things to share. lyr 3 from Schiit. And the Sonett 2 from Donald North Audio.

I didn't know Donald North audio was still making amps heard the original sign it at the zmf booth at axpona was super impressed

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #15 of 41
Ahhh well congrats!

I should also have a final gear list with me here shortly as I don't know definitely what I'll have with me. But I'll edit this post in a few moments with what I know I'll have the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back