Atlanta - AAC (old A-VCOA) Meet on Sunday, May 6th 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #16 of 41
I just talked to Justin of Headamp and he will not be able to make the meet this year. However, the good news is he will be sending some headphone gear for the meet. Once I have the list from him, I will post it here. At the minimum, we will get to audition the Gilmore Lite MkII. This amp is a must hear IMO.

Apr 25, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #17 of 41
Will the Yggy with the new analog board be there?

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #18 of 41
I'll be bringing several headphones including the Hifiman Sundara and a HE-400i along with a Matrix dac/amp and several examples of Fiio gear.

With the recent MQA presentation at HiFi Buys this past Sunday, I was motivated to install TIDAL with MQA Masters capability on my LG V30.

You should be sure to have a listen. HiFi and Masters recordings sound great. Also, be on the lookout for an announcement on the new LG V35 with the new Qualcom Snapdragon 845 chip and an ESS Dac/Amp. That announcement may come in May with their G7 event in New York.

For a read on the MQA abilities of the V30, see this link:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/lg-v30-hi-res-smartphone-mqa

Head-fi has over 500 threads resulting from a V30 query. It has proven to be a popular portable source and a worthy successor to the V10 and V20.

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #19 of 41
I'm very new to this scene, but so far I have been enjoying my modest setup of Schiit stack magni 2 uber/modi 2 uber with Hifiman 4xx's. I'd love to meet local audiophiles and try new equipment out (much to the dismay of my wallet!). Will do my best to come out, thanks!

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #20 of 41
Getting kind of concerned! Not hearing from near as many people this year as last. If you are coming, please respond to this thread and let us know!

BTW, just got a Hifiman SuperMini in. Got to get some microSD cards to make it work though! Didn't realize all I had were plain old SD cards... Duh!

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #22 of 41
Arthur Power of Matrix & Violetric audio will be sending the Matrix mini i pro 2s as well as violetric HPA-100 for us to enjoy. I'm most excited by the new Mini Pro 2S!

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #23 of 41
I'll be happy to hear the Matrix Mini I Pro 2 at our upcoming meet. I'm happy to report that my Mini I Pro version 1 has been performing flawlessly as my office desktop dac/amp since my purchase from Arthur in June 2014. I'm truly thankful to Purk for the recommendation and introduction.

My recollection is that this Matrix unit was voted either 2nd or 3rd in sound quality when we did our club "shootout" for dacs and amps at the VPR office.

I routinely play 24 bit 96Khz files and also enjoy the few 192 Khz and 384 Khz albums that I have. JRiver Media Center 24 and the Matrix make a perfect marriage. Tidal hi res also sounds great on the unit.

This is a truly great and affordable dac/amp. Be sure to listen at the club meet!!

Apr 27, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #24 of 41
I got my new Focal Elex in on Weds and they have been getting a lot of head time, I absolutely love them! I will be bringing these along with my Massdrop x Cavalli Tube Hybrid. I have a few other cans like the HE560 and HD 6xx I'll probably bring too.

Can't wait to hear some of the gear that's been listed above!

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #25 of 41
I will take along my Sony NW-WM1Z and NW-ZX300 along as well.

Apr 29, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #26 of 41
Just got a shipping information from Arthur Power of Matrix Audio. Again, we will have the Matrix Mini I Pro 2S (ESS9028) to play with including the Violetric HPA-100. Justin will be sending the Headamp GS-X MKII and Gilmore Lite MKII. I will bring the following:

Source:
Matrix X Sabre Pro

Headphone amps:
Headamp Aristaeus
ECP L3 or Ravenswood but not both

Headphones:
Stax SR009
Sony MDR-Z1R
Sony MDR-CD30000 recabled
Sennheiser HD-800

Portable DAP:
Sony NW-ZX300
Sony NW-WM1Z
Sony NW-A35 (as transport)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 41
By the way, I just wanted to make sure of this. I like to make music as a hobby, and obviously good headphones go well with a synthesizer. I currently have two that I use and would be interested in listening to them through different headphones and potentially different amplifiers. They aren't too large, and the two combined shouldn't take up more than a meter of table space. I just wanted to make sure with all of you if this would be alright or not, and if there will be enough table space to go around. And yes I know this is a headphone meet, not an instrument meet, but I think it would be a cool thing to try out.

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #30 of 41
Hey CockatooDude, that profile picture ain't no Cockatoo! :ksc75smile: I don't see why you can't bring a couple of keyboards. The only thing I would say is that if we run out of space for the headphone, amp, player guys, you might have to be flexible!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back