ATH-W1000X Thread!
Jun 9, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #452 of 1,994

Quote:
Btw, would the fiio e7+e9 combo be good enough to drive the w1000x well? Dont plan on buying new amps yet =/

W1000x can categorize into easy to drive cans.

I think better dac will give more benefit rather than amp.

E7+E9 sounds like a good to start I guess. (never heard E9, but lot of people here praise them)

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #453 of 1,994
Im still on the brink of making my decision whether to buy these cans or not. So frustrating. Would they be good for songs by Celine Dion? and Kenny G? Would the bass be solid enough when the drums come in? I like the feeling of hearing a good drum solo when it comes. But im not sure if these would deliver. Advice?

Jun 9, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #454 of 1,994

Quote:
Im still on the brink of making my decision whether to buy these cans or not. So frustrating. Would they be good for songs by Celine Dion? and Kenny G? Would the bass be solid enough when the drums come in? I like the feeling of hearing a good drum solo when it comes. But im not sure if these would deliver. Advice?

I mean, seriously, there is a set of W1000X ready for your audition in Singapore why don't you go and have a listen yourself? You need not compare it with a W1000 nor rely on descriptions in order to try and estimate its suitability for you.

Jun 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #455 of 1,994
Hi, long time lurker first time poster! Have had a pair of these cans for a while (first really decent headphones) and am enjoying them a lot. Did a bit of a dampening mod on them to tighten them up a bit for faster music, similar to what Purrin suggested in another thread. Even stock, though, the tonality and clarity is amazing.

Quote:
Btw, would the fiio e7+e9 combo be good enough to drive the w1000x well? Dont plan on buying new amps yet =/

When I first got them I was using the E7/E9 combo. They drive it fine. The E9 really does output a ridiculous amount of power, I'm pretty sure they could drive everything up to the more demanding orthos. Certainly low impedance cans like the W1000x are a walk in the park for the Fiio combo.

Jun 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #457 of 1,994
Yay, mine finally arrived, couldnt be happier with it. Btw, anyone notices on the left or right cup where the wood joins to the plastic can see some grooves on the wood. Like they werent pushed in fully into the plastic. Is it a defect or are they all like that. Noticed in some pics that they were like that too. Like this one http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/2011/01/MG_2209.jpg at the 11 o clock position. My left cup has it. Right side none. Weird

Jun 13, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #459 of 1,994
There is an extra 'space' at the end of the link. Just remove it in your address bar.

Hmm mine has that too. Seems like all W1000X has it?

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #462 of 1,994
Both sides have them (there are 4 in total on each cup), but it seems only one or two show when put together. It is easy enough to take apart (just need to remove pads and 4 small screws) if you want to have a proper look/do any modding. Just be aware of the large ring of fiberglass in the cup (wash hands after touching it and vacuum any surface you leave it on). 

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #463 of 1,994

Quote:
Both sides have them (there are 4 in total on each cup), but it seems only one or two show when put together. It is easy enough to take apart (just need to remove pads and 4 small screws) if you want to have a proper look/do any modding. Just be aware of the large ring of fiberglass in the cup (wash hands after touching it and vacuum any surface you leave it on). 

Can they be fixed? I think its there because it is carved too far into the wood and not because the wood is not pushed in. Im not 100% positive though.

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #464 of 1,994
I'm not really sure if "fix" is the right word because I don't think it's a defect, simply how the cup is attached. To make them more symmetrical you could play around with the screws that attach the cups (loosen some, tighten some), but that may be a lot of time spent for a very minor cosmetic change.

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #465 of 1,994
Another thing to note is mine is carved in the shape of a half retangle and in the link mentioned above it is carved in the shape of a half circle. Not all are visible until you really put closer inspection with a light source. I don't think you should be worrying too much about it. They are there for functional reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back