ATH-W1000X Thread!
Jun 3, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #421 of 1,994
@MikePio
I completely agree with you on the W1000X. Its practical use is simply broader and it's lots value for its price. Now pairing the W5000 with the HA5000 amp would be a no brainer synergy wise. Considering the price of the HA5000 one might just as well give it a shot with Anedio D1 DAC. You get a good DAC and its internal headphone amp easily drives the Audio Technica headphones.

I am still very happy with the W1000X. I happen to like female vocals a lot. Especially soprano. The W1000X just renders it so right for my tastes.

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #423 of 1,994
Quote:
Okay, okay. I cannot resist anymore. I'm ordering these on Monday.

I hope the do well out of the EF5. Any of you tried that combo?

I've heard one person say it sucks and another say its awesome.  Who knows.  Maybe its the tubes and the opamps...

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #425 of 1,994

Quote:
I've heard one person say it sucks and another say its awesome.  Who knows.  Maybe its the tubes and the opamps...

The EF5 and W1000X are my main go to combo. I think they sound great with the stock RCA clear tube and an upgraded opamp. 

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #426 of 1,994
Jun 6, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #427 of 1,994

Quote:
Quote:

What DAC did you end up with Mike? I peeked at you profile but it's not up to date it seems. And did you hear the W1000x in your own setup or somwhere else?

Hey Amarphael, I ended up with the stello DA100 (not signature edition) and so far I love the combo. I would have really liked to try the W1000x on my setup (it was played through a Denon stereo receiver HP out) and still sounded great! I am sure they would sound really good with the HA5000+Stello, the W1000x would make a good companion to the W5000's for a change in flavor, but I find it hard putting aside the W5000's, but you never know with this hobby.

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #428 of 1,994
Just wondering guys . . I'm probably going to get a pair after I move to my new condo.
I was wondering a few things and hopefully I'll gain some insight:

1) Does it require amping? (I didn't have a chance to look at the specs yet ~_~)

2) Heard that it was arguably the best Audio Technica as overall, day to day, all musical genre type headphones sub $1000 true or false!? or are those limited editions better?

The wood looks nice. It's like two in one. Part home decor and part headphone lol
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #429 of 1,994
W1000X is probably the "safest" phone to go to on the current Audio Technica lineup. It just about to run off anything (of course amping with a high current amp helps) and its sound signature is slightly bassy which helps it not to be sibilant on poor source/amping or bad recordings. It is not going to beat other Audio Technica on treble and resolution, but they more that add up having a inoffensive sound signature which is a lot of fun to listen to on a wide range of recordings.

I like to think of it like a Audio Technica "Denon". W1000X is a great choice, I quite enjoyed it myself last time I heard it with my setup.

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #430 of 1,994

Quote:
Just wondering guys . . I'm probably going to get a pair after I move to my new condo.
I was wondering a few things and hopefully I'll gain some insight:

1) Does it require amping? (I didn't have a chance to look at the specs yet ~_~)

2) Heard that it was arguably the best Audio Technica as overall, day to day, all musical genre type headphones sub $1000 true or false!? or are those limited editions better?

The wood looks nice. It's like two in one. Part home decor and part headphone lol
biggrin.gif

I think the W11R is the best Audio Technica overall for all genres. =P There's simply no genre that doesn't sound good with it. I agree with Ra97oR, the W1000X is an ATH Denon. It's very good.

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #431 of 1,994
Ooo, I'm more and more excited to get these. They just look so darn good!

I'll get them within a week or so. I just spent it all on the SRH940 and the Pro 700 MK2. I just need a tad more and then the W1000X is mine! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #432 of 1,994
Quote:
Ooo, I'm more and more excited to get these. They just look so darn good!

I'll get them within a week or so. I just spent it all on the SRH940 and the Pro 700 MK2. I just need a tad more and then the W1000X is mine! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I will await your reviews of your new headphones. =) Especially the HE500

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #433 of 1,994
Thanks. Just finished with my rough draft last night. Once my HE-500's have sufficient burn in (they are at 75hrs, waiting for about 100hrs), I'll have one last round between them and the HE-4. I'll then mod, edit, and add anything else into my comparison that I've already wrote. It'll be up by the end of this week (I hope).

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #434 of 1,994
Hi all, Ive recently sold my ESW9 because they didnt isolate well and were abit uncomfortable due to their size. The sound however was amazing and I really like everything about the sound signature.

Now looking for full sized cans that can deliver same or better sound. Was looking at ATH W1000 and went to audition but apparently as what many have already said. The bass was really lacking, even the little esw9 had much more punch. Any ideas if the W1000X would be a much better option for the type of sound im looking for?
Thanks people!

Jun 7, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #435 of 1,994

Quote:
Hi all, Ive recently sold my ESW9 because they didnt isolate well and were abit uncomfortable due to their size. The sound however was amazing and I really like everything about the sound signature.

Now looking for full sized cans that can deliver same or better sound. Was looking at ATH W1000 and went to audition but apparently as what many have already said. The bass was really lacking, even the little esw9 had much more punch. Any ideas if the W1000X would be a much better option for the type of sound im looking for?
Thanks people!

Hmm the mids of ESW9 is amazing. W1000X is a little different.

Since you are from Singapore, why not head down to Stereo or Jaben for an audition yourself? =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back