ATH-W1000X Thread!
Nov 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #1,321 of 1,994
I am also looking forward to receiving my ATH W1000X's taking advantage of the recent drop offer, I love the looks. I was originally thinking about recabling my HD650's then it dawned on me that with stretching a little bit more I could actually afford a new pair of these gorgeous looking cans to add to the collection.
Something that will bring a whole new and different sound signature to enjoy listening with. These are so expensive in the UK almost double in price. So very pleased and looking forward to their arrival.

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,322 of 1,994
I am also looking forward to receiving my ATH W1000X's taking advantage of the recent drop offer, I love the looks. I was originally thinking about recabling my HD650's then it dawned on me that with stretching a little bit more I could actually afford a new pair of these gorgeous looking cans to add to the collection.
Something that will bring a whole new and different sound signature to enjoy listening with. These are so expensive in the UK almost double in price. So very pleased and looking forward to their arrival.

I know these too are around £600 here so almost twice the price.
Sitting at the customs atm, can't wait xD

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #1,323 of 1,994
Both the pads and the W1000X coming in tomorrow :)
Can't wait!
The 900X is better and better the more I listen to it :)
I don't regret getting rid of the HE-6 all that much xD
1000X don't you dare disappoint me!

Does the 1000X wing system provide a better grip?
On the 900X it's not an issue when I am lying (very comfy that way, I could never lay down with the HiFiMAN xP) or sitting but when standing or commuting it is a bit annoying, well it is in general xD

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #1,325 of 1,994
Unfortunately, no. But a rubber band from wing to wing works wonders for me.

Ow damn it...
Not even a week bit?
The wing system looks a bit different...

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #1,326 of 1,994
Ow damn it...
Not even a week bit?
The wing system looks a bit different...

It is a bit better, the wings have a better shape and are more comfortable, but I like a snug fit around my ears. A rubber band from wing to wing makes for a good seal, but for a 300 dollar plus headphone I should not have to do that. You will be impressed with the sound, they do female vocals better then anything I own. The 900x is a good HP, the W1000x is in another league, and ascetically and resonance wise , the wood is just awesome. I highly suggest the easy to do Purrin mod for a bit more refinement after you get to know them a bit.  I look forward to your feedback.

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #1,327 of 1,994
It is a bit better, the wings have a better shape and are more comfortable, but I like a snug fit around my ears. A rubber band from wing to wing makes for a good seal, but for a 300 dollar plus headphone I should not have to do that. You will be impressed with the sound, they do female vocals better then anything I own. The 900x is a good HP, the W1000x is in another league, and ascetically and resonance wise , the wood is just awesome. I highly suggest the easy to do Purrin mod for a bit more refinement after you get to know them a bit.  I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks fearless xD
Yeah there is RE400/HE6/PRO900 in depth review in my sig and I'd like to add the A900X,W1000X there as well.
I'll swap pads first and then decide if any modding is necessary x)
The only problem with the 900X is that it slides + a slight treble recession in a certain area (the treble peak is tamed impressively with burn in)
From what I've understand the 1000X is a more open,refined and evenly (not necessarily neutral :)) sounding.
And the grip is a bit better hopefully xP
It's also my first Woodie and with all the fuss about Woodies I am really curios.
First thing is swapping the stock pads for either the HiFiMAN velour, pleather or 900X stock pleather.
I'll try the 1000X pads too but the general consensus is that they are not very good.

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #1,328 of 1,994
Out of a tiny Clip+ xD
I know it sounds ridiculous but it does really well with the 900X
Not at their very best but decent enough.
Since the 1000X has almost identical sensitivity and impedance specs, I hope it will perform remarkably enough too.
Of course getting a dedicated DAC/amp in the future is possible but I want it to be semi-portable.
Now that I've sold all my HE-6 equipment, I am in no hurry to buy more xD

Nov 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #1,329 of 1,994
Can't go back to the old velours now :/ no bass, too analytical... That's no fun!
The 900X are very good pads in terms of sound indeed. There is a very fine line between fun, balance and tonality.
Tomorrow we'll see how the new velours and pleathers do.
Still I'll have 4 sets of pads to choose from :) HIFIMAN pleathers + velours and 900X + 1000X stock pleathers.
Can't wait :wink:

Nov 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #1,330 of 1,994
Fearless, which pads are you using?
"looks at Fearless' collection" 0_0 I am in for a real treat xD
Also the HE-6 was sublime for woman vocals too.

Nov 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,332 of 1,994
Nov 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,333 of 1,994
J-money pads. I have tried all of the mentioned and my ears prefer them.

:O J$ I found they sucked out teh mids a bit to much imo... I prefered L3000 for sound, but the J$ where the most comfy and had the best isolation!~ 

Nov 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #1,335 of 1,994
Mids sound exactly the same to me.

@Conquerator I may have an extra pair I could send you to try after the Holiday, I am away from home ATM.

Well the accentuated bass takes away from the mids 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back