ATH SJ5 vs K81DJ
Feb 16, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #31 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair of K81DJs; looks like maybe I should have waited. How is the bass on the SJ5s?

i too am worried now. my K81s should be arriving today....and maybe i should have picked these up?!!?

confused.gif
frown.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #33 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlySpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regrets suck. Don't have them. You're getting good 'phones anyway!

lambda.gif
here is to hopin!

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #36 of 124
Do you have money to just buy both? You can easily sell or return the one you dont like.

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #37 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minarets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else had a chance to listen to both and compare?

hehe man its not like you made a super bad choice going with the K81s, its a bit cheaper then the SJ5, and once burned in and blu tack modded, im sure it will sound much better. i doubt the margin between the SJ5 and K81 is iBuds/Shure E6. all said, its time to enjoy the music instead of obsessing over the gear.

oh yeah and some ppl say its better then the k81s, but i have heard 2 or 3 ppl say the other way as well. different cans for different ears.

Feb 19, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #38 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenochimera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hehe man its not like you made a super bad choice going with the K81s, its a bit cheaper then the SJ5, and once burned in and blu tack modded, im sure it will sound much better. i doubt the margin between the SJ5 and K81 is iBuds/Shure E6. all said, its time to enjoy the music instead of obsessing over the gear.

oh yeah and some ppl say its better then the k81s, but i have heard 2 or 3 ppl say the other way as well. different cans for different ears.

ya. plus, if you want head-blowing bass, the k81dj's will knock your socks off.
icon10.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #39 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ES7 is worth buying just for the mirror finish
very_evil_smiley.gif

not 2mention they sound awesome outta my ipod 5g unamped! deep tight bass, lovely mids with smooth highs. and they climb another notch when amped. love listening to 'em as much as the HD600. the bonus being u dont look like a geek when u wear em on the go. 2 thumbs up!!
eggosmile.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #40 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both and definitely SJ5 > K81DJ

SQ is better and comfort is waaaay better. The ATs just lightly rest on your ears.

What about isolation, especially on planes?

Feb 19, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #41 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about isolation, especially on planes?

The AKGs isolate better, the SJ5 doesn't really clamp much.

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #42 of 124
My sj5s should be coming this week, I can do a full review of them, althouigh I've sold my Djs. any Dj owners in Toronto?

Mar 1, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #43 of 124
Well I ordered a pair of SJ5's last night (financial decision making lubricated by alcohol
tongue.gif
) and should get them next week.

I got a pair of CX300's a few weeks ago for portable use and, while they're very good, I definitely find I prefer full sized cans. I also just got a portable amp and it's pretty much useless with the CX300's.

Once I get the SJ5's I will post up my impressions and compare them to my CX300's (and HD-555's).

Mar 2, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #45 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedorov /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my SJ5's a few days ago, they are very comfortable, like having a mini-version of my A900's
smily_headphones1.gif

but how do they sound????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back