ATH-M50x White Replacement Pads Advice
Jul 28, 2014 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ombadboy

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,

I am looking to buy a new pair of over the ear headphones to listen to my lovely metal music at work. I was torn between the Bose AE2 (mostly due to HOW DAMN comfortable they are, especially the cushions) and the ATH-M50x Whites.

I have read that the M50x come with different ear pads than the M50 but how good are they? Are they as soft and plush as the Bose ones?

Alternatively I was trying to find some replacement pads I could get that might mirror the Bose ones and I came across the Shure ones which people say are soft and plush but I then have the problem of them being black and not white ;(

I need your expert advice! If its worth changing the new ear pads on the M50x and if yes, what can I get that matches the color and comfort that the Bose provide

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 3
I haven't tried the Bose, but the M50X pads are on the high end quality-wise for pleather pads.  The M50X isn't completely circumaural, and I find them uncomfortable for that reason, especially for periods of long listening.  I'd rather have on-ear or completely around the ear. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Thats good to hear. My ES7s I would say are average ear pad comfortable wise ( both softness and quality of the pleather) whereas the Bose ones I tried Id say are superb on both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back