ATH-m50s for 11 dollars. HURRY
Oct 31, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #62 of 176

Quote:
amazon customer service, is the best thing to ever hit the internet.  if amazon had markertek.com's shipping and ebay's merchandise, you can say goodbye to every other place on the internet.

There are several ways to get free trials of Amazon prime, some lasting 1-year long. Free 2-day shipping is epic.

Oct 31, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #63 of 176
If you have a school email there are plenty of opportunities to get free amazon prime. There's other ways but that's the most common.

Oct 31, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #64 of 176
lol echoing his post I'm also interested in buying a pair. Pm me if you're selling please.

Quote:
dang, would anyone who ordered 3 pairs be willing to sell me a pair for like 40 shipped?  i wanted to test these out for the longest time and it seems everyone bought like 3 pairs each.  if you'd do that for me i'd really appreciate it.  just pm me.

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #66 of 176
I'd love to buy a pair if somebody wouldn't mind selling me one at a reasonable cost.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #69 of 176

Admins made it very clear that anyone who sales them for profit would be banned. The other thread got removed since there were discussions about it.

That is correct.

The For Sale/Trade Forum is for non-profit use only.

If you want to sell for a profit at Head-Fi, you need to become a Member of the Trade ("MOT"). Even MOTs are not allowed to sell in the For Sale Forum. They have to sponsor their own forums, run ads, and do the sorts of things that a business should.

This is an unfortunate screwup on part of a merchant. Someone is going to lose a few thousand dollars because of this mistake. Maybe they won't have enough money to pay an employee, make a car payment or not be able to cover their quarterly taxes with the IRS.

Or maybe this will wipe out the savings they had for their kids' Christmas gifts.

I feel bad for them.

So, please, do not flip these for profit. It's against Head-Fi's rules and we will be keeping an eye on the For Sale Forum.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #70 of 176
Actually the honest and right thing should have been for folks not to purchase in the first place knowing that it was a screw up by a merchant.

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #73 of 176

Quote:
That is correct.

The For Sale/Trade Forum is for non-profit use only.

If you want to sell for a profit at Head-Fi, you need to become a Member of the Trade ("MOT"). Even MOTs are not allowed to sell in the For Sale Forum. They have to sponsor their own forums, run ads, and do the sorts of things that a business should.

This is an unfortunate screwup on part of a merchant. Someone is going to lose a few thousand dollars because of this mistake. Maybe they won't have enough money to pay an employee, make a car payment or not be able to cover their quarterly taxes with the IRS.

Or maybe this will wipe out the savings they had for their kids' Christmas gifts.

I feel bad for them.

So, please, do not flip these for profit. It's against Head-Fi's rules and we will be keeping an eye on the For Sale Forum.

Possible, but unlikely. As you said, it was a mistake on the part of the merchant. The seller would have been well within their rights to cancel the orders, and issue a refund with an e-mail explaining that it was an unfortunate mistake on their part and hoping the buyers understand. In fact, it would have been expected course of action and not surprised anyone. That they didn't implies the merchant has the resources to cover such an expense.

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #74 of 176
Well... I got a notice from Amazon that the second order (2 of 2) has shipped. (As I said before... not to be flipped. All are gifts.)

No word that there is an issue, or that I owe them any money.

The retailer had every right to deny the sale. They caught it very quickly and could have forced every order to be canceled. I would have had no issue with that.
If they decide that they will either charge me more or request a return of the packages unopened... at their expense, I have no issue with that either (I'd return them).
If they've decided to let me keep them at this cost it is their decision.

There are several routes they can take on this and as long as there is no expense or gross time consumption on my part, I'm fine with however they wish to resolve this.

That said, I'd be just a little disappointed if they wish for them back. 
rolleyes.gif

frown.gif

shane

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #75 of 176
It was up for a couple hours wasn't it? I guess that's better than days :p I assume they have to give amazon the ok to ship the items unless everything is automated where once someone buys it goes to ship but then again people did not get the shipping notification that soon after buying so i guess they do need confirmation.

I would say they do have the money to cover their losses if it was only a couple hours but they did lose quite a bit of money. They aren't a huge store but they do have a pretty decent selection at their store and it is in a pretty good location. It's around 3-4 blocks from Union Square in NYC which attracts a lot of people.

I definitely would have refunded everything and issued an apology and a discount offer if I was them but I'm not completely sure how fulfilled by amazon works. However since they shipped not much they can do about it now. Even asking for a return on them would be a bit much and wishful thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back