ATH M50's, any headphones similar or better in the same price range?
Dec 8, 2012 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Azraman

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Looking into buying a new pair of headphones and have seen the M50's ranked high and also a lot of people recommending them. Just curious however; is there another set of over-ears that are better within the same rough price range? (Give or take a few £)

These will be getting used for mainly portable usage. I've seen a video as well of the Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohms version and are arguably as good or better than the M50's.

Let me know your thoughts guys!

PS: I will also be buying an amplifier if you recommend headphones with a higher impedence.

I listen mainly to stuff like progressive house, minimal house, metal, death metal, jazz, I love Jamiroquai and it would be great to be able to pick up different mids highs and lows that I may never have noticed before. A nice all rounder would be great but also a bit of bass wouldn't hurt.

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 3
Damn, they are pretty nice, seen a few good reviews and they're stylish. I'm not one who has to have the super most fancy headphone but they do look good and don't leak sound. May have to look into getting them, any other takers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back