ATH M50 with E07K and E09K
Jan 6, 2014 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cali-kun

New Head-Fier
So I have a pair of ATH-M50's that I use at home plugged into my Sound Blaster Z card, and I recently purchased the E07K and E09K to use on my desktop, and maybe the E07K to go portable with as well, and I was basically wondering how this selection is going to treat me. I did find an old thread on here where someone said the M50's were great with the older E7 and E9. What is everyone's thoughts or opinions?

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 3
  So I have a pair of ATH-M50's that I use at home plugged into my Sound Blaster Z card, and I recently purchased the E07K and E09K to use on my desktop, and maybe the E07K to go portable with as well, and I was basically wondering how this selection is going to treat me. I did find an old thread on here where someone said the M50's were great with the older E7 and E9. What is everyone's thoughts or opinions?

I would think you would have done better to upgrade from the ATH-M50 in the first place, and plug those headphones into the SB-Z.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah. I guess the big thing is, I hate having to adjust Windows volume from my base when using my speakers to <10% when going into headphones from my sound card's software. I've had so many instances where I switch with forgetting to lower it and nearly deafen myself, heh. And realistically am considering some DT 770's or 990's in the near future and using the setup I already have with them. Does that make sense, you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back